Moderator Emeritus

Re: APP for NFCU

j_casteel wrote:

with scores like that...be prepared to have a shiny new NFCU card with a $75k limit in the mail soon!

ROFL!  More like 22k for him and 30k for the DGF  :smileysurprised:

Starting Score: 08/29/2011 TU 671 EQ 674
Current Score: TU 754 EQ 694 EX 697
Wallet: NFCU Visa Sig 25k, Amex Lowes 22k, NavCheck 15k, Amex PRG, Amex Zync, Discover It 13.5k, Amazon Visa 5k
Platinum Spade Garden Club Member: App Free since 1/1/13. No more apps til who knows when?
MyFICO Fitness Goal: 800s Club!

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Valued Contributor

webhopper wrote:

j_casteel wrote:

with scores like that...be prepared to have a shiny new NFCU card with a $75k limit in the mail soon!

ROFL!  More like 22k for him and 30k for the DGF  :smileysurprised:

lol, yeah i was exaggerating a lot...but still yet...they will be awesome cards!

| Walmart $5k | Amazon $5k | NFCU $20k | NLOC $15k | Lowes $17k | BoA $15k | Freedom $3k | IT $4.5k | CSP $5k | Marriott $5k | AMEX TE $18k | Alaska $5k |
Starting Scores: EQ:571 EX:??? TU:597
Current Scores: EQ:694 EX:714 TU:711
Goal Scores: 700
across the board
New Contributor

[ Edited ]

Wow, with scores like that, I would have gone for the NFCU tri-fecta: Visa, Mastercard and Navcheck. 

Moderator Emeritus

pinoyscorpion951 wrote:

Wow, with scores like that, I would have god for the NFCU tri-fecta: Visa, Mastercard and Navcheck. 

Nah, no points as there is no multiplier on rewards by having all three.  Cash card is nice :smileyhappy:  and they are upgrading them to signature now... Unfortunately I haven't gotten my invitation to upgrade yet :smileysad:

Wallet: NFCU Visa Sig 25k, Amex Lowes 22k, NavCheck 15k, Amex PRG, Amex Zync, Discover It 13.5k, Amazon Visa 5k
Platinum Spade Garden Club Member: App Free since 1/1/13. No more apps til who knows when?

pinoyscorpion951 wrote:

Wow, with scores like that, I would have gone for the NFCU tri-fecta: Visa, Mastercard and Navcheck. 

What is this Navcheck everyone is talking about? I have tried looking it up and have had no luck lol.

Starting Score: Aug 2012: TU 747, EX: 664, EQ: 649
Current Score: Aug 2012: TU 747, EX: 664, EQ: 649
Goal Score: ALL AT 750-800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

CUR Visa Platinum-3k, NFCU Visa Sig- 17.5k, BestBuy-1.5k
AFW- 3.2k, Express- 1.5k, Macys- 2k, Vickies-2k
Moderator Emeritus

Quizzle23 wrote:

pinoyscorpion951 wrote:

What is this Navcheck everyone is talking about? I have tried looking it up and have had no luck lol.

It isn't called that anymore, its called Overdraft Line of Credit.   It is a line of credit that gives you free overdraft protection (as in no OD fees).  It has a max of 15k and can be used as a revolving personal loan... you can literally order a checkbook for it and write a check against it without ever overdrafting your normal checking account.

You MUST have a checking account with NFCU to be eligible for an Overdraft Line of Credit

Valued Contributor

Quizzle23 wrote:

pinoyscorpion951 wrote:

so what limit did you get approved for?

NFCU plat 5k | NAVCHECK 5k | NFCU cashrewards 15k | BOFA 123 6k |
Chase Freedom 1.5k | Amazon 3K | Walmart 3K | Buckle 300 | AMEX BCE 2.5K | CHASE CSP 12K | CITI sears 6k | Kay 2k

On the prowl for Chase Sapphire Preferred! APPROVED 12K!
scores 7/14 647 622 630 (85%util)
scores 8/14 767 760 758 Boom! finally in the 700 club

webhopper wrote:

Quizzle23 wrote:

pinoyscorpion951 wrote:

It isn't called that anymore, its called Overdraft Line of Credit.   It is a line of credit that gives you free overdraft protection (as in no OD fees).  It has a max of 15k and can be used as a revolving personal loan... you can literally order a checkbook for it and write a check against it without ever overdrafting your normal checking account.

You MUST have a checking account with NFCU to be eligible for an Overdraft Line of Credit

Oh a credit reserve. I have one of those with my bank. Yea we have a savings and checking. I don't like the overdraft protection/credit reserve. I pretty much act like I dont have one on my bank account. lol

rootpooty wrote:

Quizzle23 wrote:

pinoyscorpion951 wrote:

so what limit did you get approved for?

We have no idea lol thats what I was saying earlier. In the message center it said approved in the status but no other info. I sent them a message and if I dont hear back by tomorrow mid day I will call. 

Moderator Emeritus

Quizzle23 wrote:

webhopper wrote:

Quizzle23 wrote:

pinoyscorpion951 wrote:

Oh a credit reserve. I have one of those with my bank. Yea we have a savings and checking. I don't like the overdraft protection/credit reserve. I pretty much act like I dont have one on my bank account. lol

I was thinking that I "needed" Navcheck.  but my husband quickly reminded me that I had 22k of available credit, and that I didn't "need" another product. It was funny seeing the look on his face as I was trying to explain why I "needed" it.  ROFL.  He looked at me like I'd just lost my mind.

I also tried to explain why I "needed"  Amex Lowes card in October. Fortunately for me, he wasn't buying the "need"

I found out later that I can easily transfer funds from the Cash Card into my NFCU checking which can then be used to pay my contractor so that he doesn't get those pesky swipe fees. I plan on doing some bathroom remodeling of a rental before the end of the year so that it goes on this years tax statement.    My husband is so smart :smileyvery-happy:

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}