Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

APPLIED FOR NAVY FED CC and very upset plz answer my qus

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

APPLIED FOR NAVY FED CC and very upset plz answer my qus

so i applied on 3/7/11 , got a call to send in paystubs , i make 9800 a month ... so they wanted to verify it ...faxed them yesterday , today they call me want copy of my id and ssn ....i already faxed them that when i join the CU anyway i send it agian ..... few hours later they wanted my W2 so i send them that ....few hours later they called now they want a verification of my address like utily bill ...so i faxed them that by this time i am so upset that if they give me any thing less them 7500 i will tell them to cancel my membership and i dont want the card ..... and guess what i called to check the status ...they told me they got every thing they wanted but now fraud dept is looking at it so call back tommrrow ...what the hell ....i feel like i am buying a house ...so my qus is have any one esle went throu this and if you did ...did u get approved or they just wasting my time thanks

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
mahendra82
Contributor

Re: APPLIED FOR NAVY FED CC and very upset plz answer my qus

OP - Would you mind editing your paragraph. It's quite taxing to read it without the punctuation marks. Also, the excessive use of ellipses may confuse readers.

Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hmmm.... never heard of anyone having that much of an issue. My fiance's credit sucks and they just approved her instantly for 5k without her having to send them ANY of that information.

Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

umm I understand that you are mad at the problem, but it sounds to me that you need to step back and be glad that they are actually working a fraud issue on yoru case.

have you seen a recent copy of you credit report? Is there any loans on it?

It seems to me there is an identity theft, or fraud issue and they are simply doing due diligence.

Work with it.

Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

UPDATE :

so finaly after 2 weeks , they finaly got decision made , Approved for small limit of $3500  but i guess i take it for now and i was told that use the card for next 6 months and ask for cli but they did deny me for LOC they say i have too much debt .

Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

UPDATE :

so finaly after 2 weeks , they finaly got decision made , Approved for small limit of $3500  but i guess i take it for now and i was told that use the card for next 6 months and ask for cli but they did deny me for LOC they say i have too much debt .

Sometimes there seems neither rhyme or reason to these things.  The good news is that after a while Navy Federal will get to know you and you'll see that they can be quite nice. 

Why do you think that they said you have too much debt?

Message 6 of 10
wollepopolle
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

UPDATE :

So, how much do you owe? Maybe they got a point there.

It's ok to come here and vent. However, a bit more constructive information on your part would make a thread like this more valuable to everyone.

Message 7 of 10
JaseT
Established Contributor

Debt to income will definitely do it. I don't make anywhere near what the OP does and I was instantly approved for NFCU cashRewards with a $17k CL earlier this week. Other than a few hundred dollars that I let report, I don't have any debt. NFCU never asked me for any paperwork when I joined or when I applied for the card.

BK7 Filed 12/16, Discharged 3/17 *** Current Revolving CL Total $122.1k *** PIF/AZEO
6/19 FICO SCORES:
On My Radar Cards: Nothing ATM
Future Goal Cards: US Bank Cash +, Citi Double Cash, Discover It, BoA Cash Rewards, USAA Cashback Rewards Plus Amex
Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

my income is 9800/month 

4 car loans totaling 147,000  balance on them  right now around 135,000 

2 are mine and 2 i have co-signed

total payment on that is 2500

i paid of all my credit crards total debt 19,000 only one card showing balance of 2400 since it wasnt upated yet.

i dont have a house payment .

it will change cuz i just traded my 4runner for 2011 toyota sequoia  got it finance at 6.99 apr loan amount 998/mo  i was paying 650 for my 4runner so diffrance of 350 a month and total amount finance is 60,000  , 4runner balance was 37,000

i hope this help u guys  and my scores are above 700

Message 9 of 10
RyVision
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

my income is 9800/month 

4 car loans totaling 147,000  balance on them  right now around 135,000 

2 are mine and 2 i have co-signed

total payment on that is 2500

i paid of all my credit crards total debt 19,000 only one card showing balance of 2400 since it wasnt upated yet.

i dont have a house payment .

it will change cuz i just traded my 4runner for 2011 toyota sequoia  got it finance at 6.99 apr loan amount 998/mo  i was paying 650 for my 4runner so diffrance of 350 a month and total amount finance is 60,000  , 4runner balance was 37,000

i hope this help u guys  and my scores are above 700

I'm glad I ran across this thread even though it's older.  A good friend of mine was told by his bank they couldn't give him a larger HELOC due to having 4 car loans, that once 1 or better yet 2 of them are paid off (or very near it) that lenders (including them) would be much more willing.  I wonder if that was Max's issue and it just wasn't stated?  I'd be willing to guess that Max's CL has probably increased with Navy by now actually.

AKA 840flippedto480
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.