Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

APPROVED AMEX BLUE CASH!!!!!!!!

tag
TheCreditKid
Established Contributor

APPROVED AMEX BLUE CASH!!!!!!!!

I was sitting here debating whether or not I should pull the trigger because of my recent denial from discover about two weeks ago. Since I can't control my urges, I decided to pull the trigger for the AMEX Blue anyway. Instant Approval!! I'm a previous member with AMEX ( ZYNC) for approximately  4 months now, so maybe that's why they decided to approve me. Honestly, I think I'm set on card applications for years now since all my cards are Prime.

Here are the results of all my recent applications:

Discover More-DENIED ( Denied me because I was 20)

Zync- Approved ( 5 months ago)

Citi Diamond Preferred  ( 4 months ago)

BofA Accelerated Rewards AMEX ( 3 months ago)

HSBC Best Buy ( I don't remember)

BofA Bankamericard ( 2.5 years ago)

AMEX BLUE CASH ( TODAY!!!)

The last time I checked my score it was 727 on EQU with 2 inquiries.

MAYBE AMEX DECIDED TO APPROVED ME BEAUSE I TURNED 21 THREE DAYS AGO!!!!!!

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

All human wisdom is summed up in two words - wait and hope.

-Alexander Dumas
Message 1 of 22
21 REPLIES 21
KIPPIE12
Established Contributor

Re: APPROVED AMEX BLUE CASH!!!!!!!!

Super congrats!  Really time to garden now with all those new accounts.

Current Score: EQ: 828, EX: 833, TU: 820 Citi TY Premier WEMC 46.5, (Since 1983)Discover 15.6k|BOA WMC 30.5k|Barclays Juniper Rewards 15k|Barclays Amex 20k| Cap One QS WMC 15K|Chase Freedom VS 19.3k|Citi Dividend WEMC 25k|FNBO 15.5k|CSP 22.1K|Chase Marriott 31.3k|Citi TYP 20K|Citi DP 16.5k|Macys 5k|Sams MasterCard 15k|Barclay Arrival Plus WEMC 18.7k|Chase IHG WMC 26k|Citi Double Cash 10k|Chase MileagePlus Explorer 14k|Amex Everyday 16.2|BBVA Amex 22.5k|Total Rewards VS 12.5k|SGV 10K|Venture 12k|BOA Virgin Atlantic WEMC 11.2K|MB Amex 9.5k
Message 2 of 22
TheCreditKid
Established Contributor

@KIPPIE12 wrote:

Super congrats!  Really time to garden now with all those new accounts.

Thank you! Smiley Very Happy I'll probably garden later on because I use all my cards on a monthly basis. All my cards have decent CL so I don't want to lower my ULTI.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

-Alexander Dumas
Message 3 of 22
smc733
Valued Contributor

Congrats!

Just a question about those inquiries...

Were they in the last 6 or 12 months?

My dad is adding me as an AU to his discover, which should jump me to ~710, and by March, I will be at 1 inquiry on TU, 0 on EQ/EX (for last 6 mo.), and hopefully a FICO of 730.  I will be 20 and at that point I would like to apply for Blue Cash.

Thanks.

BofA Cash Rewards VS - $25k | Citi Double Cash World MC - $18.9k | Amex BCE - $50k | Discover it - $50k | Chase Freedom Unlimited VS- $10k | Barclay Ring $5k |
Message 4 of 22
trumpet-205
Valued Contributor

Discover denied you because you are 20? They take age into account? Or is it part of the CARD act?

Message 5 of 22
TheCreditKid
Established Contributor

@smc733 wrote:

Congrats!

Just a question about those inquiries...

Were they in the last 6 or 12 months?

My dad is adding me as an AU to his discover, which should jump me to ~710, and by March, I will be at 1 inquiry on TU, 0 on EQ/EX (for last 6 mo.), and hopefully a FICO of 730.  I will be 20 and at that point I would like to apply for Blue Cash.

Thanks.

Most of my inquries are pretty recent, I started applying like crazy during late July 2010.

-Alexander Dumas
Message 6 of 22
TheCreditKid
Established Contributor

@trumpet-205 wrote:

Discover denied you because you are 20? They take age into account? Or is it part of the CARD act?

Long story short, Discover admitted that my score is really good but they weren't able approve me because I was a student at 2 year college and not at a University.  They suggested to app as a none student, so I did but I got the same response. They again suggested for me to apply again once I turn 21, then most definitely they will approve me then. As of now, they can't do anything about it until I'm either 21 or a student at a 4 year University. I tried to Recon twice, explaining that I'm at a local Community for my Police Academy. Sadly, they still won't consider it and just blatantly gave me a denial decision.

I will never do business with Discover ever again, they wasted my good Inquiry and time. It's unfortunate that Discover did not take my age into consideration, but rather my age and school informations.

-Alexander Dumas
Message 7 of 22
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Congrats on the Blue Cash. If you want to get the real rewards on it, run every single purchase you can through it. Smiley Wink

As for your experiences with Discover, I understand your frustration. But they have guidelines for their card, and you don't fit in any of them. It's not something to take personally. They don't have the greatest card in the world, but a lot of members are able to make it work for them, especially with the online shopping. You may one day find that they fill a useful purpose for you.

At any rate, sounds like you have a great collection of plastic that should cover all bases. Enjoy your credit gardening!

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 8 of 22
TheCreditKid
Established Contributor

@haulingthescoreup wrote:

Congrats on the Blue Cash. If you want to get the real rewards on it, run every single purchase you can through it. Smiley Wink

As for your experiences with Discover, I understand your frustration. But they have guidelines for their card, and you don't fit in any of them. It's not something to take personally. They don't have the greatest card in the world, but a lot of members are able to make it work for them, especially with the online shopping. You may one day find that they fill a useful purpose for you.

At any rate, sounds like you have a great collection of plastic that should cover all bases. Enjoy your credit gardening!

Thanks, I'll try to not take it personal Smiley Very Happy

Also, I just gave AMEX a call about my APR & CL on the Blue Cash. It's 2000 CL, 0% intro for 6 months and 19% apr thereafter. The apr seems a little too steep IMO, I'll ask for it to be lowered later on. It probably wouldn't hurt me much anyway because I don't keep a balance.

Does anyone know which is the best rewards card between all AMEX revolving credit cards?

-Alexander Dumas
Message 9 of 22
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

I'd say that Blue Cash is best if and only if you use it for everything you possibly can. It can be hard to get enough charges on there to shift into the higher reimbursement area, especially if you aren't feeding 5 kids or something.

The Costco True Earnings card is good (at least for AmEx standards), but it's definitely one of the harder ones to get.

My credit usage doesn't do much good for the points-rewards cards, although I know of people who travel endlessly using the cards and do quite nicely.

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 10 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.