Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

APPROVED,APPROVED,APPROVED,declined...LOL

tag
terrymurph
Regular Contributor

APPROVED,APPROVED,APPROVED,declined...LOL

Well yesterday i got sick and tired of waiting on apping for some new prime cards....So i went to the amex, discover and citi websites and hit the submit application button all at the same time.....ZYNC, DISCOVER MORE, CITI DIVIDEND PLATINUM SELECT..LOL I got the welcome to Amex screen Yayyyyyy. Then i looked at discover and got a 7-10 message, well i called in this morning and was approved for $3,000 big ones my highest limit ever...I initially apped for the Amex Zync cause i was scared of anything bigger. After i was approved i wanted to buy some tickets from ticketmaster and use the Amex preferred seating, well i found out the Zync is not eligible for this feature...So with that being said i found out that the gold was so what the hell i apped for the gold also, INSTANT APPROVAL...I am so happy the only thing being a kill-joy is the fact that Citi denied me for the Cit dividend platinum select...That sucks but i asked for a manual review over the phone so they said 7-10 days for a response. The two prime banks approve me, and then citi declines me HA.Smiley Very Happy....Time to hell orchard bank to go H.E. double hockey sticks.Smiley Tongue

So Final tally 

Discover More-Approved 3000

Zync-Approved

Amex Gold-Approved

Citi Dividend Platinum Select-Denied/Recon PendingSmiley Mad

Eq WAS 500+ three years ago NOW IM 683 and Trans WAS ALSO 500+ NOW IM SITTING AT 710
700 You better be on the LOOK OUT(OOPS GUESS THEY WEREN'T LOOKING CAUSE I ALREADY MADE IT YAAAAYYYYYYYY)
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: APPROVED,APPROVED,APPROVED,declined...LOL

Congrats... are you going to keep both Amex cards or cancel Zync now that you have Gold?

Message 2 of 13
terrymurph
Regular Contributor

Actually I'm going to keep both of them they each offer different benefits. Plus it feels good going from no prime cards to 2 Amex cards in your wallet plus a discover more. Yayyyyyyyyyy im soooooooooo happy.
Eq WAS 500+ three years ago NOW IM 683 and Trans WAS ALSO 500+ NOW IM SITTING AT 710
700 You better be on the LOOK OUT(OOPS GUESS THEY WEREN'T LOOKING CAUSE I ALREADY MADE IT YAAAAYYYYYYYY)
Message 3 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations!

Im thinking about doing the same thing lol and applying for a handful of cards at the same time.

Message 4 of 13
terrymurph
Regular Contributor

Hey it worked for me i wish u luck....
Message 5 of 13
lovely222
Regular Contributor

Congrats on your new approvals! That's awesome. Did Citi say why they denied you? I got that card two weeks ago it takes FOREVER to come in the mail. I know they pull EX and are INQ adverse. 

6/13: FICO TU (Walmart): 750
6/13: FICO EQ (Score Watch): 769
Goal: 780+, 0 Balances, No app'ing! (For real this time!!!)
Message 6 of 13
terrymurph
Regular Contributor

Well the reason Citi said they denied me was because of a recent delinquency. It is a CO from 2005 that is paid off in full. So I'm not sure what recent is to them...lol im pretty sure it's about to be 2011
Message 7 of 13
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

Congratulations!

Im thinking about doing the same thing lol and applying for a handful of cards at the same time.

If you're thinking about doing this my only counsel would be to do a lot of research first and decide what cards are right for you. Don't apply just because you can.

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 9/09 pulled by lender 802, EQ - 10/10-813, TU - 10/10-774

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

Message 8 of 13
TheCreditKid
Established Contributor

Why did you app for two charge cards?

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

All human wisdom is summed up in two words - wait and hope.

-Alexander Dumas
Message 9 of 13
score_building
Senior Contributor

Congrats!

Not the 1st time recently where I see someone posts about app 2 amex charge cards in a row, sounds like this could be a red flag to amex.

DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.