cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

APPROVED! Chase Chase Chase (and now AMEX)

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

APPROVED! Chase Chase Chase (and now AMEX)

I have been lurking here for about 6 months now, I have just been picking up tidbits of knowledge here and there but havent reallly put any of it to use yet. Last night the app bug bit me and I decided to apply for the Chase Saphire AND Chase Slate AND apply for a CLI on my Chase Freedom.

Honestly I am not quite sure what got into me but all I have right now is a Chase Freedom with a $2000 limit. I am 23 years old and although I haven't pulled an offical FICO score yet CK has me at about 712 TU score. I already had 6 hard inquiries and I am not applying for a loan any time soon so I decided to pull the trigger on the chase cards and see what I could get.

Long story short I got instantly approved for Saphire with a 5k limit and approved for a $500 CLI on my Freedom but the slate gave me a "7-10 Business day notice". I called today and found out it was declined because of too many credit requests within such a short period of time. This made sense to me, but thanks to you guys I decided to try a recon. Unfortunately, the CSR was still unable to approve me for the Slate card. Props to you guys again, I asked to speak with a supervisor. After a few minutes the supervisor came back with an approval and $4k limit.

WOOHOOO!!!!!!!! I am so pumped! Anyways, I am so excited I decided to quit lurking and join the board. Thank you guys and gals Smiley Happy

Message 1 of 41
40 REPLIES 40
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: APPROVED! Chase Chase Chase

By the way, you could reconsider the CLI on the Freedom. You just call the backdoor number and ask them for a higher limit.

Message 2 of 41
boomhower
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

By the way, you could reconsider the CLI on the Freedom. You just call the backdoor number and ask them for a higher limit.

Agreed.  $500 is just an offer, try for more.  I was offered $500 and ended up with $4k.

Message 3 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

I asked for them to match the 5k I was getting on the Saphire and they refused, I did not however speak to a supervisor on that one. I dont know If I want to push it though, they gave me $9500 within a span of 24 hrs.

Message 4 of 41
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Why would you get 3 credit cards with the same bank if that's ALL the credit you have?

Message 5 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

That is very impressive.  I'm surprised Chase was willing to extend so much credit like that.

Message 6 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am not interested in any other cards beside perhaps the AMEX Blue. Why would you consider it to be a poor descision to have three cards with the same bank? They all serve different purposes.

Message 7 of 41
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I am not interested in any other cards beside perhaps the AMEX Blue. Why would you consider it to be a poor descision to have three cards with the same bank? They all serve different purposes.

Mostly because banks become a little Bi-Polar sometimes and CLD or Close out accounts. I say good for you for getting all the CLI and new accounts opened but would not be as concerned if you were adding them to a portfolio of a couple other banks.

In addition not sure if it happens/happened to anyone else but I have gone through Recons with Chase before and had the underwriter approve to only then get a 2nd decline... I guess depending how far up the food chain you are talking to gets decisions reviewed by a 2nd person.

Bank of America had been doing this quite a bit for a while too.

Message 8 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Creditaddict wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Mostly because banks become a little Bi-Polar sometimes and CLD or Close out accounts. I say good for you for getting all the CLI and new accounts opened but would not be as concerned if you were adding them to a portfolio of a couple other banks.

In addition not sure if it happens/happened to anyone else but I have gone through Recons with Chase before and had the underwriter approve to only then get a 2nd decline... I guess depending how far up the food chain you are talking to gets decisions reviewed by a 2nd person.

I see what you're saying. I guess I will cross that bridge when/if I get to it. Thanks for the input.

Message 9 of 41
ajh5408
Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I see what you're saying. I guess I will cross that bridge when/if I get to it. Thanks for the input.

It's good advice, IMHO, and that's coming from someone who also has quite a few products in the Chase stable. That said, considering Chase has some of the highest lending standards out there, you should be able to translate your success into an AMEX revolver without too much trouble... Once all these inquiries wear off, anyway... Smiley Very Happy

Message 10 of 41
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.