cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

APPROVED! Chase Chase Chase (and now AMEX)

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: APPROVED! Chase Chase Chase (and now AMEX)

Yeah it automates until the end where it wants to set me up with a telephone banker. I haven't been able to find an automated line that will tell me the limit yet.
Message 31 of 41
JonStur
Established Contributor

Chase seems to be loose right now probably. Every other month they tell me I've been pre-approved for both Slate and Freedom. Quite tempting, but I am forcing myself to remain in gardening mode!!!

Starting Score: TU 595 EX 600 EQ 585
Current Score: TU 820 EX 825 EQ 812
Goal Score: 800 Club (Mission Accomplished)

Amex Platinum, Amex BCP $17.5K, 5/3 Sig $10K, Capital One Quicksilver 15K, Walmart 10K, US Bank Cash+ 15K, Sam's Club 10K, Chase Freedom $6K, Discover More $15K, Chase United Club MileagePlus $33K, Costco $6K, CapOne Quicksilver One $7K, Cap One Quicksilver $5K, Amazon $3K, Barclays $12.5K, Home Depot $7.5K, AppleCard $6K
Message 32 of 41
kevinjjc
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Yeah it automates until the end where it wants to set me up with a telephone banker. I haven't been able to find an automated line that will tell me the limit yet.

Hmm, with my app, the automated line told me my CL w/o speaking to a rep. They probably have not determined what your CL will be yet. One more thing to keep in mind is that my app was instantly approved, whereas your app was initially pending.

Message 33 of 41
kevinjjc
Valued Contributor

@JonStur wrote:
Chase seems to be loose right now probably. Every other month they tell me I've been pre-approved for both Slate and Freedom. Quite tempting, but I am forcing myself to remain in gardening mode!!!

Good luck with your attempt to stay in the garden! Smiley LOL I personally don't see what the allure is with the Slate (other than the no BT fee offer, but I don't need that). With the Freedom, just wait for the next (hopefully there will be more) great sign-up offer like the $300 cash back.

Message 34 of 41
kevinjjc
Valued Contributor

@StevoKinevo

Where do you live? If you reside in a state where you can open a Chase checking account, you should definitely do so. Like FrugalRican said, go for the "Chase Trifecta" (Checking/Freedom/Sapphire combo). Google it for more info. FYI, there's also a $200 bonus offer for opening a Chase checking, but the $150 offer is easier to find.

Message 35 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

I live in Texas and I am already taking advantage of the trifecta benefit. I appreciate the advice though!
Message 36 of 41
dnice77
Regular Contributor

Congratulations !!!! i wish i had your recon sucess, i didnt even think of asking for a supervisor !!!! Godd for you !!!

@Anonymous wrote:

I have been lurking here for about 6 months now, I have just been picking up tidbits of knowledge here and there but havent reallly put any of it to use yet. Last night the app bug bit me and I decided to apply for the Chase Saphire AND Chase Slate AND apply for a CLI on my Chase Freedom.

Honestly I am not quite sure what got into me but all I have right now is a Chase Freedom with a $2000 limit. I am 23 years old and although I haven't pulled an offical FICO score yet CK has me at about 712 TU score. I already had 6 hard inquiries and I am not applying for a loan any time soon so I decided to pull the trigger on the chase cards and see what I could get.

Long story short I got instantly approved for Saphire with a 5k limit and approved for a $500 CLI on my Freedom but the slate gave me a "7-10 Business day notice". I called today and found out it was declined because of too many credit requests within such a short period of time. This made sense to me, but thanks to you guys I decided to try a recon. Unfortunately, the CSR was still unable to approve me for the Slate card. Props to you guys again, I asked to speak with a supervisor. After a few minutes the supervisor came back with an approval and $4k limit.

WOOHOOO!!!!!!!! I am so pumped! Anyways, I am so excited I decided to quit lurking and join the board. Thank you guys and gals Smiley Happy

Congratulations !!!! i wish i had your recon sucess, i didnt even think of asking for a supervisor !!!! Godd for you !!!

Starting Score: 617
Current Score: 744 Smiley Happy
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 37 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got approved for 2k. A little dissapointed but I thought I would go ahead and share with you guys. I tried reconing the initial limit but the CSR told me I needed to wait 60 days. 

Message 38 of 41
sjt
Senior Contributor

Congrats!

American Express: Platinum Charge, Optima, Business Gold, Delta Business Reserve, Business Cash, Business Plus
Barclays: Arrival+ WEMC
Capital One: Savor WEMC, Venture X Visa Infinite
Chase: Freedom U Visa Signature, CSR Visa Infinite
Citibank: AAdvantage Platinum WEMC
Elan/US Bank: Fidelity Visa Signature
Credit Union: Cash Back Visa Signature
FICO 08: Score decrease between 26-41 points after auto payoff (11.01.21) FICO as of 5.23, EX: 812 / EQ: 825 / TU: 815
Message 39 of 41
kevinjjc
Valued Contributor

Congrats! Just FYI:

http://search.americanexpress.com/app/answers/display/a_id/6666

How can I apply for a line of credit increase for my American Express Card?

We do not increase an account's credit limit during the first 60 days after it has been opened, or for at least 6 months from the last credit limit increase. After that time has passed, if you are still interested in applying for an increased credit limit, you can check to see if you are eligible to change your credit limit online by logging into your account and going to your Profile & Preferences or you can call the number on the back of your Card to speak with one of our customer care professionals. 

Message 40 of 41
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.