Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

APPROVED!!! Kohl's...

tag
jdsays
Contributor

APPROVED!!! Kohl's...

I've been wanting to apply for a Kohls charge, and since Im going shopping there tonight I figured Id apply online and see if I could open an account.  Well to my surprise I just applied and was approved!!!  I only got a $400 credit limit, but since most of my other cards are in the $300-750 range I wasnt that disappointed.  Im not sure of my score or what they pulled yet but Im in the 650 range for EX/EQ.

My question is, I know its usually better to apply in store for better CL's (I was just too shy to)....has anyone had luck calling a backdoor # or going in store and getting in increase on their limit after applying?

Just wondering...

Starting Score: EQ: 590 TU: 599
Current Score: EQ: 642 TU: 683
Goal Score: 720 by 12/31/10

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
nicemann
Established Contributor

Re: APPROVED!!! Kohl's...

Congrats.  Glad to see you got your new card.
Message 2 of 18
jdsays
Contributor

Thank you!  I was also recently approved for a second Cap 1 card, and a Shell gas card.  Now with 3 major credit cards and 3 gas/store cards, Im going to stop apping for a while and garden.  (But boy is it going to be hard!)

Starting Score: EQ: 590 TU: 599
Current Score: EQ: 642 TU: 683
Goal Score: 720 by 12/31/10

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 18
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

Kohls uses EX/Vantage. Knowing your FICO is not at that helpful for this one!

Message 4 of 18
bamagirl1
Established Contributor

congrats on your Kohl's approval..I do have a question..How long for those of you who have Kohl's was it before you got a CLI or did you have to call in and request one..and I'm sure being Chase it would be a hard..I've had my Kohl's card since May 2007 and have not gotten any type of CLI and I use it regularly and always PIF except for 1 month as a test I paid 1/2 the balance and the next month I paid the remainder.
~01/2008 Ficos TU 571-EX 647-EQ 652~
~3/21/2009 Ficos TU 705 EX 702 EQ 692~
~9/9/09 Ficos TU 718 EQ 693 EX???
~06/25/12 Ficos TU 719 EQ 677 EX??
Message 5 of 18
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

unlike regular chase cards, the kohls card gets credit line increases based on performance of the account and is available every 4 months I believe it is.
Message 6 of 18
TryN2Rebuild
Regular Contributor

I am thinking about applying for a Kohls card but I see they are thru chase. Does anyone know if chase black lists. Chase was part of my BK so dont want to waste an INQ.

Thanks

Message 7 of 18
nicemann
Established Contributor

@ewingerter wrote:

I am thinking about applying for a Kohls card but I see they are thru chase. Does anyone know if chase black lists. Chase was part of my BK so dont want to waste an INQ.

Thanks

I am positive Chase does not blacklist.  I have a $2,000 charge off with them back in 2001.  In 2008 I applied for a new card.  It was a "7-10 day message".  I called them up right away and they looked at my credit report.  The old CO was already off my CR.  They still asked me about it because it was still in their computer system.  I just explained I fell apon hard times.  She went ahead and approved my appilcation and even gave me a 3K CL.  Heck that is above the old CL I had with them before.  I didn't even do a BK.  I just ignored the calls and the mail till they charged off it.  (Yeah I was young and dumb)
Message 8 of 18
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Are they BK friendly?
Message 9 of 18
pattycake
Established Contributor

@jdsays wrote:

I've been wanting to apply for a Kohls charge, and since Im going shopping there tonight I figured Id apply online and see if I could open an account.  Well to my surprise I just applied and was approved!!!  I only got a $400 credit limit, but since most of my other cards are in the $300-750 range I wasnt that disappointed.  Im not sure of my score or what they pulled yet but Im in the 650 range for EX/EQ.

My question is, I know its usually better to apply in store for better CL's (I was just too shy to)....has anyone had luck calling a backdoor # or going in store and getting in increase on their limit after applying?

Just wondering...

Congrats!  I have read in the threads that you sometimes get a better CL or at least have a better shot at approval in store.  I think for me, psychologically, it's not having to wonder if I was denied. 

Not all in-store apps require salary info, so that may have an effect on your CL.  You might get more on an online app where the form is more complete.  

I'd wait a few months before requesting a higher CL.  

pattycake's FICOs: 6/2/10 - TU: 708; EX: ???; EQ: 749
Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.