cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

APPROVED PAYPAL SMARTCON 800.00 CL!!!!

tag
Ortz33__
Frequent Contributor

Re: APPROVED PAYPAL SMARTCON 800.00 CL!!!!

i do have the smartcon and debit card linked.  they actually SUGGEST doing it on the opening paper on the debit card. Here is the example...  once you enroll, you get 1% cash back on every purchase with the card...  pretty much like having an $800 line of credit on the card for you...

Backup payment method: Line of Credit for your PayPal Smart Connect x-xxxx

Backup limit:

The spending power for your PayPal Smart Connect is the maximum you have available for backup payments. Please note that standard debit card limits also apply.

Message 11 of 22
Ortz33__
Frequent Contributor

ive only had the debit card linked ot the smart card and have already earned $5!  pretty much just use it as my main spending card since there are no category requirements and pay it off from bank account.  i have discover and capital one rewards but just dont use their categories often. 

Message 12 of 22
Ortz33__
Frequent Contributor

"for a week ive had it linked" sorry.. : O

Message 13 of 22
Ortz33__
Frequent Contributor

i am also not sure how cash advances work against the actual credi tline from the debit card or if you get rewards for cash advances from the debit card when using your own cash.. feedback anyone?? 

Message 14 of 22
Odiseous
Frequent Contributor

@texasman07 wrote:

Merry Xmas!! Got approved. Was feeling down in the dumps. Pulled the trigger! Woo Hoo!! 800.00 CL

Now I have a question.  I already have the Mastercard Debit Pay pal. If i use that and set my Cline as a back up. If I use my card, will it pull out of my credit line?

Yes, you can. I've had my PayPal SmartConnect as the backup payment source for my PayPal Debit Card since I got SmartConnect.

Charges pull from whatever balance you have in your PayPal account first; then are pulled from your backup payment source. Remember to use the 'Credit' option (instead of Debit) to pay for purchases; as you get 1% Cash Back, deposited into your PayPal account (assuming that offer is still available).

There is a downside to this, though. Charges (and payments) usually take somewhere around a week (each) to post (even if they look like it takes less time). So, expect that any charge you make today, will probably tie up the funds for up to 2 weeks. Naturally, YMMV.

Multiple times I had made a payment, then seen the same payment 'appear' to post online; but the funds were not available for another day or 2. A phone call later it was confirmed. Even though it said online that my SmartConnect balance was $0.00; the payment I made to zero out the balance had not 'cleared' yet.

I recommend checking your available 'spending power'; instead of your balance; to determine if you have enough funds to cover a given transaction. 

Since it takes so long to pay off your charges; my PayPal Debit card is now Sock Drawered, except once every 4 months (around the time I ask for a CLI on Smart Connect). Though; it certainly served it's purpose, when that's all I really had to work with. 

The following is ninja'd from the PayPal site, when setting the backup payment source. 

Backup payment settings

Backup payment method: Line of Credit for your PayPal Smart Connect x-xxxx 

Backup limit:

The spending for your PayPal Smart Connect is the maximum you have available for backup payments. Please note that standard debit card limits also apply.

TU98 751, EQ 766, EX 766 (Lender)

If at first you don't succeed; Garden for 6 months, then try again.

Work the system. Don't let the system work you.
Message 15 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

GEMB is a funky bunch of bananas, I was approved for the PayPal SC Card 12/10 500CL, used the card heavily, PIF every month, 4th statement cut I requested CLI, nope nada, a few weeks later I hit the luv button again, they gave me a 125CLI, four months later, hit the luv button again, got a letter, stated "You do not have enough experience at your current credit limit" OK, waited maybe 2 weeks hit the luv button again, whalaa, CLI from 625 to 2150.

Like I said funky bunch over at GEMB.

Congrats to you on your, what, 19th GEMB Card Smiley Very Happy (just kidding) 

Congratulations and Happy Holidays to You and Yours.

Message 16 of 22
Ortz33__
Frequent Contributor

my purchases post quickly.  payments for me take about 24-48 hours.  not days though..

Message 17 of 22
Odiseous
Frequent Contributor

@Ortz33__ wrote:

my purchases post quickly.  payments for me take about 24-48 hours.  not days though..

Things may have changed since 2010. I've used the service exactly 2 times since it was sock drawered (Dec 2010).

When I was using the PayPal Debit Card/SmartConnect combo; the turn around time for (initial charge -> posted to account -> Able to pay -> Payment posted -> 'spending power' available) was much longer than 2 days (closer to 10-14). 

TU98 751, EQ 766, EX 766 (Lender)

If at first you don't succeed; Garden for 6 months, then try again.

Work the system. Don't let the system work you.
Message 18 of 22
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Does PayPal do a hard pull for the PP Debit Card ??  I wouldn't think they would if it just links to your PayPal account....

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 19 of 22
texasman07
Established Contributor

They soft for the debit card
Message 20 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.