Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

APPS, Inq, New Accounts, and Scores... for what it's worth

tag
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

APPS, Inq, New Accounts, and Scores... for what it's worth

So opened 3 credit accounts, a refi on my car and according to Experian CreditCheck Monitoring my EX score went from 707 down to 678.

I'll update with a real TU Fico as soon as my Walmart Card comes and I can access...

I'm also not thinking most of the accounts have reported yet, so we will see if adding 3 more brings it down further or back up.

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
learnin113
Established Contributor

Re: APPS, Inq, New Accounts, and Scores... for what it's worth

I think once the accounts start reporting, you will see your score bounce back.  It did for me.

Message 2 of 12
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

I agree I was just a little shocked that 1 new account (walmart) and 1 inq on EX that this Fako system took that much away... I can't wait to see a Fico report... probably 1-2 weeks... don't want to pay until my recent disputes update and all the accounts open up.

Message 3 of 12
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

How many accts do you have in total? How much did your total CL increase?

I went from 4 CC to 7 CC this last month and really expected a nose dive. Much to my pleasant surprise, my score hasn't budged. (Well, I'd love for it to go up, but was afraid it would tank. So, at least it's status quo.) The only reason I can think of is because of the big change in my total CL. I went from something like just over $2k to over $7k in total CL (also incl my Old Navy CLI from 600 to 1200).

Maybe when your other CCs report, if your total CL goes up, it will help your score. Smiley Happy

EQ FICO 750 | TU FICO 761 (Walmart) | EX FAKO 767 | Goal: 800+

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Message 4 of 12
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@bichonmom wrote:

How many accts do you have in total? How much did your total CL increase?

I went from 4 CC to 7 CC this last month and really expected a nose dive. Much to my pleasant surprise, my score hasn't budged. (Well, I'd love for it to go up, but was afraid it would tank. So, at least it's status quo.) The only reason I can think of is because of the big change in my total CL. I went from something like just over $2k to over $7k in total CL (also incl my Old Navy CLI from 600 to 1200).

Maybe when your other CCs report, if your total CL goes up, it will help your score. Smiley Happy

OH Goodness this could take a while... umm Ill just do open or closed with balances not all accounts that show on credit from last 10 years.... probably miss a couple but here goes nothing:

Total number of accounts: between 20-30

CL increased by: $4,100 with 3 new accounts.

car loan of 60 months will report paid off in Jan and a new 36 months car loan will open (refi)

Message 5 of 12
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

Well, I'm not sure what % the $4000 is to what you had before. (Like my CL more than tripled. But 4000 is probably just a small % of your total CL before. If your util is low, I would think your score shouldn't suffer too much and would rebound in 3 to 6 months (from what I've read here).

You have a lot of accts to begin wtih, so I don't see adding 3 new ones would cause a major drop. But then who can figure out FICO?

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Message 6 of 12
mAndrew1980
Established Contributor

I'm curious to hear the TU FICO results. My credit profile has changed in the last month and I'm curious to know how it's effected my score -- positive or negative.

In September I had 1 cc with a 500CL and 10% utl.

In December I have 3 cc's with $3000K CL and 10% utl.

Hopefully it'll push me on the brink of 700.

Transunion: 713 FICO (5/13/2014) MyFico
Experian: 789 FICO (4/10/12) Lender Pull
Equifax: 695 FICO (1/10/14) MyFico

My cards: Chase United Mileage Plus 7000CL (3/12), CITI Simplicity 1800CL (9/12), Cap1 Platinum 1000CL (2/10), Cap1 Cash back 1500CL (11/11), Apple Barclay's 2500CL (11/11), Discover IT 6000CL (5/13)

My Primary Financial Goal is to put down my utl%.

Message 7 of 12
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

Andrew, Do you have ScoreWatch or Walmart TU FICO? How will you know if/how much your score changed?

Message 8 of 12
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@bichonmom wrote:

Well, I'm not sure what % the $4000 is to what you had before. (Like my CL more than tripled. But 4000 is probably just a small % of your total CL before. If your util is low, I would think your score shouldn't suffer too much and would rebound in 3 to 6 months (from what I've read here).

You have a lot of accts to begin wtih, so I don't see adding 3 new ones would cause a major drop. But then who can figure out FICO?

Well Util 4k probably won't do much... Maybe I will start a thread with everything... some of the long time members know where I came from originally but if you don't I think the Shock would be draw dropping! lol but I figure with where I am heading in the near future it's time Smiley Happy

Message 9 of 12
mAndrew1980
Established Contributor

bichonmon, I have USAA credit monitoring so the only way of getting my FICO's is either from lender pulls or buying them from MyFico.

Transunion: 713 FICO (5/13/2014) MyFico
Experian: 789 FICO (4/10/12) Lender Pull
Equifax: 695 FICO (1/10/14) MyFico

My cards: Chase United Mileage Plus 7000CL (3/12), CITI Simplicity 1800CL (9/12), Cap1 Platinum 1000CL (2/10), Cap1 Cash back 1500CL (11/11), Apple Barclay's 2500CL (11/11), Discover IT 6000CL (5/13)

My Primary Financial Goal is to put down my utl%.

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.