Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

APR Reductions on Three Cards

tag
UFGuy2006
Established Contributor

Re: APR Reductions on Three Cards

Nice reductions! If you don't mind me asking, which Barclays card do you have?
Message 11 of 18
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

@OmarGB9 wrote:
I think you're an outlier lol.

🍹🍻😈 People have called me worse.  Smiley Tongue

Signature needs updating
Message 12 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@NRB525 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

He not only upgraded my account so there will be no annual fee going forward, but he refunded the $39 that I had paid in January!

This is the big congratulations, saving that $39 per year is what will be noticeable.

Oh, congratulations on the APR reductions and the CLI too Smiley Tongue

I managed to get my SPG down to 10.49% APR. Still have others to work on.

Congrats NRB on your APR reduction!

Message 13 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

A W E S O M E PNR!! You did a fabulous job!! Many kudos on your successes!!Smiley Happy

Message 14 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've never had a problem with  BofA. I started out with their secured card ($39/year AF) and when I opened a second CC with them I requested to upgrade my secured to their travel card. Without me even mentioning it, the CSR asked me if I wanted to remove the AF too (ofc I wasn't going to turn them down). so far I like them. But I may be moving to a different primary card...cough cough I'm looking at you CSP.

I haven't paid attention to APRs because I still have a few that are still in the introductory period...and I very rarely carry a balance.

Message 15 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

very good news, good work!!

Message 16 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Today I decided to call and ask for APR reductions on my credit cards, and I did better than I expected.

American Express: 18.24% --> 13.49% WOHOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bank of America: 18.24% --> 15.24% AWESOME!!!!!

Barclaycard: 25.24% --> 21.24%

I also mentioned to the agent from Bank of America that I was receiving offers to apply for new cards from them on a regular basis, but the offers were for cards that had no annual fee, and I asked if I could upgrade my current account to have no annual fee as well. He not only upgraded my account so there will be no annual fee going forward, but he refunded the $39 that I had paid in January!

The agent I spoke to at Barclaycard told me that I was eligible to increase my credit line (I didn't bring it up at all), and I agreed as long as there was no hard pull. She asked for my income and then increased my credit line by $2,000. Now my card has a $6,000 limit.

I was amazed that all of the banks are willing to do this, and all I had to do was call and ask!

I would keep calling every 60-90 days on the Amex. U should easily get that below 9%. Not so sure on the Bank of America.

Message 17 of 18
galahad15
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the outstanding APR reductions and CLI!  Smiley Happy

Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.