cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

APR on several CCs, any ideas? Should I close accounts that refuse to budge?

tag
MrCredit
Established Contributor

APR on several CCs, any ideas? Should I close accounts that refuse to budge?

I have a question for someone who is familiar with this matter. I have a few cards with high APRs good limits but high APRs.

My score is right at 700 per myfico. I was wondering if anyone is familiar with the process in getting APRs lowered and if there

is necessarily a hard pull. I just have a low AAoA. 1 year and 10 months.

I want to get a lower rate on the foloowing cards:

1. USAA Mastercard with a whopping 23.99 APR, $0 balance with a 9k limit. I am not a full member. Anyone successful in getting

a lower rate with USAA?

2. HSBC GM Card with a 21.99 APR with 4k limit. $0 balance. I thought of calling them today and threatening to close the card if they

dont lower it.

3. Citi Platinum Select MC with 8.3k limit have a balance of 5.7k. The only card I have with a carried balance. Have 0% APR till April 2013.

after that its 20.99. I had planned on transferring this balance to my PSECU Visa which runs promos for BTs.

4. Discover with a 2.5k limit, 0 balance and 18.9 APR. 

Any help would be appreciated.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
UFGuy2006
Established Contributor

Re: APR on several CCs, any ideas? Should I close accounts that refuse to budge?

@MrCredit wrote:

I have a question for someone who is familiar with this matter. I have a few cards with high APRs good limits but high APRs.

My score is right at 700 per myfico. I was wondering if anyone is familiar with the process in getting APRs lowered and if there

is necessarily a hard pull. I just have a low AAoA. 1 year and 10 months.

I want to get a lower rate on the foloowing cards:

1. USAA Mastercard with a whopping 23.99 APR, $0 balance with a 9k limit. I am not a full member. Anyone successful in getting

a lower rate with USAA?

2. HSBC GM Card with a 21.99 APR with 4k limit. $0 balance. I thought of calling them today and threatening to close the card if they

dont lower it.

3. Citi Platinum Select MC with 8.3k limit have a balance of 5.7k. The only card I have with a carried balance. Have 0% APR till April 2013.

after that its 20.99. I had planned on transferring this balance to my PSECU Visa which runs promos for BTs.

4. Discover with a 2.5k limit, 0 balance and 18.9 APR. 

Any help would be appreciated.

No luck on this side with the USAA card with similar terms. Thinking about closing it myself.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.