Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

APR on your discover card

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

APR on your discover card

hi everyone,

I was looking on my discover open roads statement and i noticed the APR is fixed at 3.90% I was shocked because my local credit union is at 3.99% fixed...I am loving my discover card more and more each daySmiley Very Happy   I only hope I will be able to ask for a CLI . The limit now isn't to bad but I would really like this to be my go to card and of course have another as back up since not every place takes them..bummer

So all you discover holders is your APR this low too??

Message 1 of 22
21 REPLIES 21
jmbfl
Valued Contributor

Re: APR on your discover card

Is this a new card? Sounds like an intro rate. My intro rate is ZERO!

(Edit: Before someone chimes in it is ZERO for purchases and 3.99% for BT's. I don't know how long they last, but it's a while.)

Message Edited by jmbfl on 10-09-2008 11:31 PM
Message 2 of 22
tonsers
Frequent Contributor

When I got my Discover in March, the BT rate was 0% and 0% on purchases.  That lasted for about 6 months.  My current rate is 14.99%. 
Message 3 of 22
jmbfl
Valued Contributor

I think after the intro ZERO goes away my rate will be 11.99%. That is 1.00% above theie current best rate which is 10.99%. All of these rates are available at discover.com.

Message Edited by jmbfl on 10-10-2008 01:26 AM
Message 4 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have a co-worker who said his DISCOVER is 0% APR for life!!!  Wow!  Smiley Surprised
Message Edited by kino1161 on 10-10-2008 05:29 AM
Message 5 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nope this is not an intro rate...my intro rate was 0% for 6 months...my six months was up in july...i just figured it would reset to like 11.99% or something like that never thought to look until the other day.

It says current APR 3.90% F. Apparently its been that wa since July. I looked at my previous statements.

0% for life wow!!!! now that is a nice APR! or lack there of Smiley Very Happy

Message Edited by laila08 on 10-10-2008 10:43 AM
Message 6 of 22
rubaty
Frequent Contributor

Mine is 15.99.  I'm gonna ask for a lower rate next year.

Current Score: EX 772 EQ 777 TU 783 15 Jan 17
Goal Score: 815 across the board by Jan 18

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 7 of 22
jmbfl
Valued Contributor

@kino1161 wrote:
I have a co-worker who said his DISCOVER is 0% APR for life!!!  Wow!  Smiley Surprised

Not very likely. He may have made a BT at 0% for the life of the transfer.

Message 8 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Mine is 12.99 but currently offered a 1.9 Promo for the next 6 months.
Message 9 of 22
jmbfl
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Nope this is not an intro rate...my intro rate was 0% for 6 months...my six months was up in july...i just figured it would reset to like 11.99% or something like that never thought to look until the other day.

It says current APR 3.90% F. Apparently its been that wa since July. I looked at my previous statements.

0% for life wow!!!! now that is a nice APR! or lack there of Smiley Very Happy

Message Edited by laila08 on 10-10-2008 10:43 AM

There is an "F" next to the rate. Look for a footnote or on the back to see what the "F" corresponds to. I doubt this is your purchase APR.

Message 10 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.