Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

APR reductions??

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: APR reductions??

Good to know BoA will play ball.  What about Chase?

Those two are my highest APR cards (24-30%).  Got them both about 15 years ago, ran into some financial hardships shortly after and got rate-jacked.  I've been responsible with them since (12+ years).  Haven't bothered asking about an APR reduction up to this point, but it'd make me sleep easier at night if/when I need to carry a balance in the future.

Message 11 of 14
galahad15
Valued Contributor

@icyhot wrote:
I'm pretty privy on how to get CLI from each of my lenders, but what about APR reductions? I didn't even know you could do that until this forum, and mine are as follows

Citi Forward- 16.99 but auto reduces every quarter
Fidelity Investment Amex- 13.99 but fixed
BofA Cash- 18.99, variable
Venture One- still in 0% but will be 19.9, variable
Delta Gold Amex- 19.24, variable
Citi Gold AAdvantage- 21.99, variable

As you can see I normally get the tail end of APR offers, probably for good reason. I never paid attention to APR or knew that your credit had an impact on it. Does anybody have any experience with getting theirs lowered with these banks? Most of these accounts are new, so should I wait 6 months like for a CLI? Do lower APRs beget lower APRs? Help

Sorry if I may have already mentioned this in another thread earlier (may have possibly but can't really remember atm, lol), but if you want an out-of-the-gate, starting low-APR card and you think you may qualify based on your credit profile, you can always apply until 5/31/2015 for the FNBO Amex (6.25% V plus 1.5 rewards points received per dollar spent).

https://www.firstnational.com/common/shared/amex/amex_march_landing.html?ecid=150204OMACRD0073PTMMS1...

Message 12 of 14
galahad15
Valued Contributor

deleted accidental duplicate double-post (sorry)

Message 13 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Good to know BoA will play ball.  What about Chase?

Chase does not play ball.  They do not reduce APRs and will tell you to close and reapply if you want a better APR.  I know it's lame, but that's the story.

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.