APR

Hello everyone.

I was trying to find some information to what my interest rate on my card should be, based on FICO score at Experian of 702.  Anyone have any idea where I can find this information, or does someone know it by chance?   I'd love to lower my APR if possible :smileyvery-happy:

Thanks!

Josh 

Community Leader
Senior Contributor

Re: APR

it depends on a lot more than just your credit score.  it depends on what is in your credit profile as well.
Latest scores: Walmart TU: 769. MyFICO TU: 769. DCU EQ: 755. MyFICO EQ: 780. PSECU EX: 756. MyFICO EX: 780.

Clean credit profile.  I've held this card for a year with no late payments.  No late payments on any cards.  My total credit combined is about $6400.  I have a student loan for $2600.  My credit to debt is around 50%.  It will drop once I get paid because I'll be paying my other card off.  No checks in over a year.

Hope this helps. 

Moderator Emeritus

It also depends on the cc. Try calling to ask if they can lower it.

Somewhere on the site it said there would be information to what you should be paying so when I couldn't find it I was hoping someone had some ballpark numbers, like those for mortgages, ect.
Super Contributor

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/fico/board/message?board.id=creditcard&thread.id=143835&jump=true

here are the national averages  :smileyhappy:

The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid

That will probably work, considering my APR is like... 21%...
Senior Contributor

also, the suze orman fico kit available for purchase at myfico offers an evaluation of your APR's based on your current scores, etc.  i was happy to find that according to the suze kit, i am currenty receiving fair rates from all lenders.  apparently if it is determined that you are not receiving fair rates, advice for lowering aprs is offered.

in general i'd say explore with your lender if there is a lower rate available by calling cs or back doors, lower rates always seem more fair :smileyhappy: though you can try to determine what it is fair even while you request reductions.

for me,  reductions have been granted incrementally, like cli's so be patient but persistent and check back with lenders periodically (about every 6 months or so) if you feel strongly that your rates are too high and you may carry balances.  otherwise, with the recession underfoot, you may not want to ruffle feathers if you aren't paying interest anyway, at least until things cool down a bit.

FICOS:
06/13 EX 765 (PSECU) EQ 771 (DCU) TU 779 (Barclays)
Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
† Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on actual applicant approvals and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.