Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ARE YOU KIDDING ME CHASE

tag
DI
Super Contributor

Re: ARE YOU KIDDING ME CHASE

@smc733 wrote:

22.9% APR on my new Freedom card?  Bye-bye, sockdrawer bound this card is...

Citi it is for my primary, Discover as a backup, until my 4506 clears and hopefully my Zync comes in, then Discover will join BofA and Chase in the sockdrawer.

That's why I'm only going to use my freedom card until I've reached $500 in purchases within 3 months to get the $100 bonus.  After that, sockdrawer.  I think one inquiry is  worth $100.

Message 11 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

My Chase Freedom has a $5,000 CL, and a 22.9% APR as well. I could care less since I PIF.

However, my wife's Chase Freedom has a smaller $1,000 CL (by far her smallest), and a 11.24% APR.

Message 12 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

My wife's Chase Freedom has a smaller $1,000 CL (by far her smallest), and a 11.24% APR.

I was just approved a few weeks ago with the same APR $4000 CL

Message 13 of 29
smc733
Valued Contributor

vish, I'm not sure what it could be.  They've pulled TU for me in the past, and my TU FICO on 3/30/2011 was 757...

Amex is 4506ing me because they asked me last time I apped when my credit was new, and they have a policy (as they've told me) that once they ask for that, subsequent apps will be asked for income verification until received (they worry as to why I didn't submit it in the first place).

Oh well, so out of all my cards, my BankAmericard has a decent APR, so if I had to carry a balance (I don't want to, at least not till I'm out of college), I have that (which is otherwise sockdrawered (lousy 1%)).  I don't know what to make of my other cards.  I really like the Chase Mobile app, though...

I feel almost like I have too many (as much my own fault), I really want to simplify it down, and only use 2 cards every month, but I am having trouble deciding which two to choose:

-Chase Freedom

-Citi Dividend Platinum Select

-Amex Zync (if obtained)

-Discover More

Any thoughts?

BofA Cash Rewards VS - $25k | Citi Double Cash World MC - $18.9k | Amex BCE - $50k | Discover it - $50k | Chase Freedom Unlimited VS- $10k | Barclay Ring $5k |
Message 14 of 29
Smerri1029
Regular Contributor

It's funny I couldn't even tell you the APR on any of my cards.

What's In My Wallet:American Express Starwood Preferred Guest Business Card, American Express Costco True Earnings, Citi AA Visa, Barclays US Air, Citi Prestige
What's In My Sock Drawer: Chase Sapphire Preferred, Discover More, Bank of America Accelerated Rewards AmEx, SME FCU Visa
Message 15 of 29
DI
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

My Chase Freedom has a $5,000 CL, and a 22.9% APR as well. I could care less since I PIF.

However, my wife's Chase Freedom has a smaller $1,000 CL (by far her smallest), and a 11.24% APR.

Many of us share the same sentiment.  It's just the fact that even with excellent credit they're lining us with subprime rates. 

Message 16 of 29
cdtotten
Established Contributor

Re: e doing Re: ARE YOU KIDDING ME CHASE

Just to share my Chase Freedom experiences... they have been positive.

I opened my account in 2006, as my cousin was a Chase Bank branch manager and needed to meet her quota for the month. Was originally given a $3k line, apr of 12.24%. In the past 5 years, my account CL has increased to $12,500 (without a single request from me), my APR currently sits at 11.24% (making it my second lowest APR, only to my Alliant Visa), and the rewards are still extremely good.

Despite not liking their customer service, the card itself has treated me very well.

For those people that care, I also get monthly BT check offers (currently 0% through 6/12 @ 4% fee).

Starting Score: 627 EQ, 621 TU - 11/15/08
Current Score: 778 EQ, 781 TU, 778 EXP 07/20/12 Lender Pull
Goal Score: 800 EQ & TU

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 17 of 29
Kay_Cee
Regular Contributor

I've had positive experiences with Chase as well.  I opened a Slate account with them in December of 2008 with an APR of 9.99 % and an $8,000 limit.  They PC'd me to a Freedom card this year and kept the 9.99% APR.  My United Visa Signature has a $10,000 limit and an APR of 13.24%.  I get balance transfer checks for both cards on a regular basis.  As a matter of fact, I just got some on the Freedom card for a 0% APR through 6/12 with either a 4% BT fee or $5.00, whichever is greater.  And I've never had a problem with their customer service.

My bugaboo is Discover with limit of $1,700 and an APR 18.99%.  Even Target is better than them.  Target has given me several automatic increases and recently raised my limit to $6,000.  Their APR is higher at 23.24% but I've never paid them a dime in interestSmiley Very Happy

Message 18 of 29
vish1
Valued Contributor

@smc733 wrote:

vish, I'm not sure what it could be.  They've pulled TU for me in the past, and my TU FICO on 3/30/2011 was 757...

Amex is 4506ing me because they asked me last time I apped when my credit was new, and they have a policy (as they've told me) that once they ask for that, subsequent apps will be asked for income verification until received (they worry as to why I didn't submit it in the first place).

Oh well, so out of all my cards, my BankAmericard has a decent APR, so if I had to carry a balance (I don't want to, at least not till I'm out of college), I have that (which is otherwise sockdrawered (lousy 1%)).  I don't know what to make of my other cards.  I really like the Chase Mobile app, though...

I feel almost like I have too many (as much my own fault), I really want to simplify it down, and only use 2 cards every month, but I am having trouble deciding which two to choose:

-Chase Freedom

-Citi Dividend Platinum Select

-Amex Zync (if obtained)

-Discover More

Any thoughts?

I disagree that they have any such policy. When I applied for a amex last year, they asked me for a 4506 (prob T). I ignored the request and my application went to hell. I applied for zync this year and was instantly approved online. No 4506 asked for.

Citi Hilton Reserve 22.3K | Citi Thank You 8.2K | CSP 15.5K | Chase Freedom 10K | Chase BA 15K | Chase United 8.5K | Chase Marriott 5K | Discover IT 9K | Club Carlson 13K | Amex SPG 20K | BofA Cash Rewards 11K | BofA Cash Rewards 50K
Message 19 of 29
vish1
Valued Contributor

So, even though you would have loved a better APR, you are still all set. If you need to carry a balance, you got your BofA and chase freedom for rewards. In a way it may be (not necessarily) better to use rewards and APRs on separate cards so that you dont pay interest on everything.

Citi Hilton Reserve 22.3K | Citi Thank You 8.2K | CSP 15.5K | Chase Freedom 10K | Chase BA 15K | Chase United 8.5K | Chase Marriott 5K | Discover IT 9K | Club Carlson 13K | Amex SPG 20K | BofA Cash Rewards 11K | BofA Cash Rewards 50K
Message 20 of 29
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.