Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ATT Next and CR

tag
EaglesFan2006
Established Contributor

ATT Next and CR

Does the ATT Next program (the new phone each year deal) report to credit bureaus? I know there's a credit check, but wanted to see if it shows up as an account line on reports
Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18
wHiTeSoL
Valued Contributor

Re: ATT Next and CR

No, it only reports if the deal goes sour.
Message 2 of 19
enharu
Super Contributor

Are you an existing post-paid customer? I don't think they need to do an inquiry if you are just renewing / re-extending your current contract. I may be wrong though
JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 3 of 19
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

I though about doing this too.
But Im grandfathered in with unlimited Everything!!! Not a chance Im giving that up!
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 4 of 19
daybreakgonesXe
Valued Contributor

@youngandcreditwrthy wrote:
But Im grandfathered in with unlimited Everything!!! Not a chance Im giving that up!

Ahahaha exactly the same for me! Considered getting my own line, but I told my mom that as long as they'll grandfather the unlimited data on her account, I'll be under that account forever Smiley Tongue

Message 5 of 19
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

You sound like my kids! They are both on the unlimited plans and will NEVER leave my plan. Smiley Sad
Message 6 of 19
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Lol! I'm on my own plan:-p
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 7 of 19
Elcid89
Contributor

@youngandcreditwrthy wrote:

Same here. We are grandfathered in on unlimited data, and will never leave unless they decide to stop offering that.

FICO 04 scores: 809 (EQ) 812 (EX) 818 (TU)

Amex Platinum NPSL - Citi HHonors Sig. $58k - BMW Ultimate $40k
Chase Sapphire Preferred $62k - Merrill Lynch + Signature $41k - USAA Rate Advantage $28k
NFCU Flagship Signature $50k - USAA Cash Rewards AMEX $28k
Citi Platinum Select / AAdvantage Signature $31k - Chase Amtrak Rewards World MC $41k

Message 8 of 19
Anf_dude
Contributor

I Was On Unlimited Till They began Offering Mobile Share. I Couldn't Deal With The Speed Reduction That'd Completely Cripple My Phone.

Anyway, can Anyone Confirm What Type Of Credit Check It Is.?
Message 9 of 19
DiabolicallyRandom
Established Contributor

I also switched from my grandfather unlimited plans.  The throttling was ridiculous. They would always do it some where between 2 and 5 gigs and my spouses phone was always useless after the first couple of weeks. After much anger and complaining, only to get no where, we switched our plan and are actually able to utilize more data while staying in the same price range. Apparently, they are supposed to stop offering upgrades on the grandfathered lines and the only way to get one will be to switch the plan. The crummy part is that I now have to check our usage a few times a month. I refuse to renew our contract now and I am even thinking about switching to one of the no credit check carriers that still offers unlimited. 

Message 10 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.