cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AU Account still NOT reporting with Equifax...can I do anything about this?

tag
daisyduke
Valued Contributor

Re: AU Account still NOT reporting with Equifax...can I do anything about this?

Yes WE CAN!!

Knowledge is key too. Had I known about my financial impact and scores, I would have taken care of them a little bit better!

you did a great job! 

Starting Score: 682 EQ, 663 TU
Current Score: 687 EQ - 705 TU on 7/18/10
Goal Score: 700 + both EQ and TU

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 11 of 15
DI
Super Contributor

@daisyduke wrote:

Yes WE CAN!!

Knowledge is key too. Had I known about my financial impact and scores, I would have taken care of them a little bit better!

you did a great job! 

I known about the impact of  credit scores.  I was a broke college student with over extended credit lines.  I needed the credit to keep me afloat.  Good job didn't come until 6 months after graduation so creditors were getting paid slow...too slow at times and not enough.  I'm glad those days are over.  

Message 12 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

If your in the midwest you EQ file is owned by EQ rather some idiots called CSC
Message 13 of 15
Established Contributor

daisyduke wrote:

......in December I will have two paid auto's never late showing, I just don't believe I am going to get the very best rate

FYI:

In order to materially benefit a FICO score, prior installment loans should have at least a two year history of on time payments. There should also be a minimum of two such installment loans in file. The two paid auto loans might do more for you than you think.

Getting the best rate however has more to do with where and how you seek the loan.

Spend a lot of time HERE between now and December. You will save a lot of money.

Checking other auto finance forums may help a lot also.

Hint / Warning:

Both new & used care dealers will lie and say that your credit scores are lower than they really are. Since you can't usually buy the Auto Enhanced Scores, you never really know how good or bad your auto score really is.

Message 14 of 15
daisyduke
Valued Contributor

Hey Credit Able,

thanks for that info. yes my ford will be jpaid off in two more payments, never late, 40 months and toyota is paid as well. toy before ford.  never late.

depends where i go to shop i guess...a friend of mine who works at a dealership offered me invoice price for new car and $500 over for used.

i can only think that FICO enhanced would HELP me, not hurt me. never late on my autos. i'm religious about that and always have been...THe mercedes dealership i want to visit does not use enhanced scores.... if i have to get a co signer, i will...

off to peruse the auto loans! Smiley Happy 

Starting Score: 682 EQ, 663 TU
Current Score: 687 EQ - 705 TU on 7/18/10
Goal Score: 700 + both EQ and TU

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.