Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AU Finally Reported - It's Really True - Nice Score Boost

tag
ntx
Regular Contributor

AU Finally Reported - It's Really True - Nice Score Boost

Hi All,

In October I was added as an AU on a 24 year old FIA Mastercard, $9.6K limit, no lates ever, very low balance currently (about $90).

My EQ on 10/31/12 was 658 (myFICO). My own total CL reporting then was $13.7K (I have two new cards approved but not yet reporting).

My AAoA was 1.1 years, after an app spree in Aug. and Oct.  Util. was about 23%.

After the AU started reporting, that put my AAoA at 3 years, and my Util. went down to 13.1%  ( I also had 2 small CLI from Walmart & Amazon totalling $700 between 10/31 and today).

The best part - with the only difference being the AU added and the 2 GE CLIs - is that today my EQ from myFICO reported at 683 Smiley Happy , a 25 point increase!

So it really does work! 

Again, I'm very grateful to everyone here. I would have never known about the "AU effect" on FICO scoring if I hadn't read it here!

NTX

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
kwazziee
Regular Contributor

Re: AU Finally Reported - It's Really True - Nice Score Boost

Grats! Feels great don't it. Same here when I was added to DW Freedon with a 12K cl.

Message 2 of 5
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

Congrats! My hubby got a nice boost from being added to my cards!

Nice score boost!
FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 3 of 5
pt2005
Regular Contributor

@kwazziee wrote:

Grats! Feels great don't it. Same here when I was added to DW Freedon with a 12K cl.

Question: My DW just added me to her Freedom. Chase only asked for First and Last name. I'm curious and skeptical how Chase knows it's me (her husband) to add without asking for SSN

Thanks

FICO Scores 8: EX 731, EQ 731, TU 725

Credit Cards: Chase Freedom 9.5K | AMEX TrueEarnings 4.5K | Cap1 Venture Visa 3.5K | Cap1 QS MC 3.5K | Discover IT 1K | Cap1 Spark Cash 15K | AMEX SimplyCash 9K

Store: PayPal SmartConnect 10K | JCP 5.2K | Banana 3.3K | Walmart 4.5K | Kohls 1.5K | TargetRED 200
Message 4 of 5
Cadillac-XTS
Established Contributor

Congrats

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.