Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AU Removal

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

AU Removal

Not sure where this goes.  It falls under a few different sub forums, but I'm in here the most so here it is.

Leasing company pulled TU today and my score was a 648.  I was shocked at how low it was, but the girl gave me my report and I saw that an AU account that was removed from EX and EQ back in July is still being reported by TU.  I told the girl to pull my EX and EQ to see that my scores are well above 700, but she insisted that the company they used "pulls all 3 and averages the scores together".  They use tenantalert dot com.  I know she was lying, or just didn't know what she was talking about.  It's a TU98 score btw.

How do I get this AU account removed from TU?  Why haven't they stopped reporting it if I was removed as an AU in July 2011?

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
patternofstars7
Contributor

Re: AU Removal

From my experience at least, you can simply just dispute it online saying the account is not yours and it will be deleted. I did this with an AU account with my sister and it was deleted.

Message 2 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

I recently learned I was an authorized user on one of my mothers cards that had been charged off.
After a little research I found out that as an authorized user I had no legal responsibility to repay the debt and I was not liable for the account.
It only showed up on my Transunion and Experian reports so I went online to there websites and disputed the account. On Transunion I was able to write a message and I basically said - 

I would like this item Deleted. Because I am listed as an 
authorized user on this account, I have no contractual responsibility 
for payment of the debt, and I am not liable for this account.

Within 24 hours I got an email from Transunion saying they deleted the account and when I pulled my credit report it was gone.

Experian took a few weeks to remove it.

Message 3 of 13
CS800
Super Contributor

@patternofstars7 wrote:

From my experience at least, you can simply just dispute it online saying the account is not yours and it will be deleted. I did this with an AU account with my sister and it was deleted.

+1.

I did that once since I lost contact with primary holder and the card was getting a lot of lates and even by contact the creditor, they told me that the acount owner must do that and of course refused to give me his new phone number. My last resort was to dispute this as not mine.

Message 4 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you.  I just did the online dispute, but there was no box for me to type in any comments.

I picked the option that said "This account belongs to a relative, family member, or someone with a similar name with the same address"

Automated message said I will receive an update within 5 days.

This thing is seriously dragging my TU down.  Its ~70 points lower than my EQ and EX.   

Message 5 of 13
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

An online dispute should be all that you need.

The CRA has to contact the credit card company. If you have been removed as an AU, the CCC should confirm that it's not your card.

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 6 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@haulingthescoreup wrote:

An online dispute should be all that you need.

The CRA has to contact the credit card company. If you have been removed as an AU, the CCC should confirm that it's not your card.

Thanks.  I thought my leasing company pulled back in October when they told me they were going to.  Come to find out they hadn't until I went in to sign some paperwork today.  Had I know, I would've waited to app for Citi Forward and BCE.  It's also unlucky that they pulled TU and not EX or EQ.

The leasing girl tried to tell me that "TU98" is "an average of all three credit bureau scores."

Message 7 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

I thought it was TU that had the box to leave a message but I guess it must have been EX, sorry for the misinformation. 

Anyway, I hope they get back to you soon! Good luck!

Message 8 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I thought it was TU that had the box to leave a message but I guess it must have been EX, sorry for the misinformation. 

Anyway, I hope they get back to you soon! Good luck!

No problem Smiley Happy  I'm glad you guys recommended online dispute.  I didn' tknow it would/could be that easy.  I'll update soon hopefully!

Message 9 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Got an email from TU this morning.  AU account has been deleted.  Going to stop in and have them repull TU so I can get approved for this lease and see my new score.  

Do I have to wait a while for TU, or has a new score already been calculated since they deleted the AU account?  I'm assuming my score is going to go up quite a bit since the AU account was 90%+ utilization and had 30 day lates in May, June, and July 2011.  The score with the AU account was 648, my EQ and EX are both above 720.

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.