Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AU Reporting

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

AU Reporting

I know that the AU reporting is going away within a year or so but if I were to be a AU on a relatives account just to get their credit limit added I am thinking this would help my scoring. 1. Would I be able to count their entire account history from the opening date to present? OR would it be from the time I was added to the account to present? 2. If I got a 4K account limit by being a AU would this help my score if there is low utilization? Right now I have many accounts with 300 limits with low utilization. Thanks,
Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Re: AU Reporting

r92503lind wrote:
I know that the AU reporting is going away within a year or so but if I were to be a AU on a relatives account just to get their credit limit added I am thinking this would help my scoring. 1. Would I be able to count their entire account history from the opening date to present? OR would it be from the time I was added to the account to present? 2. If I got a 4K account limit by being a AU would this help my score if there is low utilization? Right now I have many accounts with 300 limits with low utilization. Thanks,

1.) Yes the whole entire history, just make sure the CCC has your SS# and DOB
2.) Absolutely!

Make sure the account your considering being an AU one is clean, no baddies at all and very low util. Here's some good reading.

Message 2 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the info. I read through the linked article and have a question. I read where the information will cease to be counted in the scoring but which CB will this affect immediately? Is this a change in the scoring OR the reporting of the information? In other words if your lender independently scores your CR will the CR change to meet the new requirements OR will it depend on the firm scoring?
Message 3 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Another question.... I turned 18 about five years ago. If I am placed on an account that has more than five years of positive history as an AU would it show as old as the account is OR from when I turned 18? Odd question but figured I would ask.
Message 4 of 15
fused
Moderator Emeritus

r92503lind wrote:
Another question.... I turned 18 about five years ago. If I am placed on an account that has more than five years of positive history as an AU would it show as old as the account is OR from when I turned 18? Odd question but figured I would ask.

You get the entire history of the account. The CC TL should report on your Crs just like it does for the primary cardholder. The only difference being on your report is in the type of account line it will read authorized user account instead of individual or joint account.
Message 5 of 15
fused
Moderator Emeritus

r92503lind wrote:
Thanks for the info. I read through the linked article and have a question. I read where the information will cease to be counted in the scoring but which CB will this affect immediately? Is this a change in the scoring OR the reporting of the information? In other words if your lender independently scores your CR will the CR change to meet the new requirements OR will it depend on the firm scoring?

AUs will continue to be reported but will not be factored in the new FICO scoring model. The first CRA
to make the change has not been confirmed, though many at this forum believe it will be EQ.
Message 6 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had my mom request for me to be added as an AU. Once the paperwork is filled out and the card is sent should I contact the CC company and ask to see if they can report the history sooner? I am needing to get my score up ASAP for a home purchase.

Thanks
Message 7 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was informed by Chase my AU card from my mom's account is on it's way. I have not provided any social security# only name and address. Will this still be able to show up on my CR? They sent a form to my mom to sign me up as a joint account holder but this is different than AU correct?

Am I needing another step to make sure it shows up on my CR?
Message 8 of 15
fused
Moderator Emeritus

r92503lind wrote:
I was informed by Chase my AU card from my mom's account is on it's way. I have not provided any social security# only name and address. Will this still be able to show up on my CR? They sent a form to my mom to sign me up as a joint account holder but this is different than AU correct?

Am I needing another step to make sure it shows up on my CR?

The joint account app will require your signature. I just completed the joint account app to latch on my DWs Chase Plat Visa and it's a really easy process. In fact, it's already reporting on all three CRAs as a joint account.
Message 9 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

But it says that we are authorizing Chase to pull a CR for processing. Is this a hard pull? Are they going to decline me for the large amount on the account?

I would rather keep it simple and do a AU but will they report a AU?
Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.