Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AU and Bonus question?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

AU and Bonus question?

If my wife is an AU on Chase CSP card, can she apply for her own CSP card and still get the $450 sign up bonus?

Does being an AU on cards limit your ability to get bonuses if you remain an AU but sign-up for your own account?

Does AU limit the offers you get in the mail?

I know we have a joint checking account and I asked the banker if she signed up for her own individual checking account, she could not get the $300 sign up bonus.

Anyone have expereince with this?

4 REPLIES 4
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: AU and Bonus question?

OP...Im bumping your thread to the top so it can be seen, and hopefully get a few replies.

Im sorry I'm not helpful in adding more to your questions, as Im not too familiar with AU's and Chase right now since I don't have any Chase cards, and don't want to give wrong info to you.

Hopefully someone will pipe in for you Smiley Wink
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Think of an AU as a 'guest' or a 'visitor' to YOUR apartment...a friend or family member that you Authorize to USE your unit or use the 'guest' parking permit.

But push come to serve the BILL goes to YOU, your the only one who has a legal contract with the other party...just YOU.

It should be obvious now that a JOINT account is very very different...a 'guest' or someone simply Authorized does NOT have an account....they have ACCESS to someone else's account.

A joint account means 2 or more ppl actually do HAVE an account.

So short answer is...of course a person who doesn't have an account may apply and if approved they would get whatever perk...New account holders would be due, because said person would be a totally NEW account holder.

This may be confusing because say you have cable TV in your home and they won't give 'the special ' based upon the address, unless you can prove you're a new tenant/owner etc...

But credit accounts aren't that casual...for how 'fee' and live Yes it's 'our' account but legally and credit wise it's YOUR account (she just has privileges😉)

I hope I've made it clear in a non offensive way.

Just so you realize, it's not simply 'give' her, a card like issuing a AU card at your leisure...she is actually apping for NEW credit HP and all, subject to approval or denial...there is no connection or obligation to open her an account 'just because' YOU allow her 'guest' privileges on your account.
Just the same as if your house guest were to apply for an apartment of their, the complex will vet them w/o regards to your current setup because again, that person doesn't currently have an apartment or account.

Good Luck
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

If my wife is an AU on Chase CSP card, can she apply for her own CSP card and still get the $450 sign up bonus? - Yes she can still apply for her own card and receive the bonus if approved

Does being an AU on cards limit your ability to get bonuses if you remain an AU but sign-up for your own account? - No it dies not affect your ability to receive a bonus for the same card

Does AU limit the offers you get in the mail? - It depends on how the main card holder manages the card.  If the card is paid on time and has a low balance, then it should improve your score and subsequent offers.  If the card is poorly managed then the opposite would be true

I know we have a joint checking account and I asked the banker if she signed up for her own individual checking account, she could not get the $300 sign up bonus.

Anyone have expereince with this?

Message 4 of 5
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Thank you Gemini and Irish for stepping inSmiley Happy
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.