cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AU and INQ's

Frequent Contributor

AU and INQ's

When adding an AU to an AMEX (or any CC I suppose) if the form asks for the AU's SSN does that mean they will HP them?  Since the primary cardholder is the account owner and is responsible for payment I don't see why they would.


GangnamFICO wrote:

Because the chicks dig it when I throw down the card to the waiter and...it comes in handy if I'm short on cash until payday and need a short spot. AMEX gets the booty, and that's important when you're a Pirate.


Minor vulgarity edit --Rev



Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES
Super Contributor

Re: AU and INQ's


jake619 wrote:

When adding an AU to an AMEX (or any CC I suppose) if the form asks for the AU's SSN does that mean they will HP them?  Since the primary cardholder is the account owner and is responsible for payment I don't see why they would.


With most AU accounts, there isn't a HP involved for either the cardholder or the new AU.    I believe this is also the case for AMEX additional cardmembers, however note that AMEX Additional Cardmembers ARE liable for charges, in addition to the original cardmember.

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 2 of 9
Frequent Contributor

Re: AU and INQ's


pizzadude wrote:

With most AU accounts, there isn't a HP involved for either the cardholder or the new AU.    I believe this is also the case for AMEX additional cardmembers, however note that AMEX Additional Cardmembers ARE liable for charges, in addition to the original cardmember.


 Hmm, that should mean it would be safe to increase the income declared to AMEX to include the primary and AU's income.


GangnamFICO wrote:

Because the chicks dig it when I throw down the card to the waiter and...it comes in handy if I'm short on cash until payday and need a short spot. AMEX gets the booty, and that's important when you're a Pirate.


Minor vulgarity edit --Rev



Message 3 of 9
Super Contributor

Re: AU and INQ's


jake619 wrote:

pizzadude wrote:

With most AU accounts, there isn't a HP involved for either the cardholder or the new AU.    I believe this is also the case for AMEX additional cardmembers, however note that AMEX Additional Cardmembers ARE liable for charges, in addition to the original cardmember.


 Hmm, that should mean it would be safe to increase the income declared to AMEX to include the primary and AU's income.


Possibly, it depends on whether AMEX wants only your personal income as the original cardmember or if they ask about combined / household income.  

 

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 4 of 9
Contributor

Re: AU and INQ's

Additional card members are not responisble for charges. Its the main members responsibility. Additional card members can setup online accounts and pay their portion but that's it.
Fico scores 800+
Message 5 of 9
Contributor

Re: AU and INQ's

Btw I know this because it happened to me with my brother's account. He stopped paying and I called Amex, sent a letter and was removed from account and never hears from them again.
Fico scores 800+
Message 6 of 9
Super Contributor

Re: AU and INQ's


akabigo wrote:
Additional card members are not responisble for charges. Its the main members responsibility. Additional card members can setup online accounts and pay their portion but that's it.

The agreement that you sign as an additional cardmember states that you can be held liable for your charges.   Also the original cardmember will be held liable.   

 

Additional cardmembers shouldn't be held liable for the original cardmember's charges though.

 

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 7 of 9
Contributor

Re: AU and INQ's


pizzadude wrote:

akabigo wrote:
Additional card members are not responisble for charges. Its the main members responsibility. Additional card members can setup online accounts and pay their portion but that's it.

The agreement that you sign as an additional cardmember states that you can be held liable for your charges.   Also the original cardmember will be held liable.   

 

Additional cardmembers shouldn't be held liable for the original cardmember's charges though.

 


I can't find this anywhere in the agreemnt so I wont nitpick with you about it. I guess it's how you interpret the agreement. I just know for sure in my case that's how it worked. As in everything, YMMV.

Fico scores 800+
Message 8 of 9
Highlighted
Super Contributor

Re: AU and INQ's


akabigo wrote:

pizzadude wrote:

akabigo wrote:
Additional card members are not responisble for charges. Its the main members responsibility. Additional card members can setup online accounts and pay their portion but that's it.

The agreement that you sign as an additional cardmember states that you can be held liable for your charges.   Also the original cardmember will be held liable.   

 

Additional cardmembers shouldn't be held liable for the original cardmember's charges though.

 


I can't find this anywhere in the agreemnt so I wont nitpick with you about it. I guess it's how you interpret the agreement. I just know for sure in my case that's how it worked. As in everything, YMMV.


You were the Additional Cardmember on your brother's account, is that correct ?   You wouldn't be liable for his charges in that case.   But if you were the original cardmember and your brother was the additional cardmember then they could come after either you or him for the charges.

 

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 9 of 9