Credit Cards Center Credit cards from our partners
Reply
Frequent Contributor
Posts: 496
Registered: ‎11-13-2012
0

AU and INQ's

When adding an AU to an AMEX (or any CC I suppose) if the form asks for the AU's SSN does that mean they will HP them?  Since the primary cardholder is the account owner and is responsible for payment I don't see why they would.


GangnamFICO wrote:

Because the chicks dig it when I throw down the card to the waiter and...it comes in handy if I'm short on cash until payday and need a short spot. AMEX gets the booty, and that's important when you're a Pirate.


Minor vulgarity edit --Rev



Super Contributor
Posts: 9,674
Registered: ‎01-28-2010
0

Re: AU and INQ's


jake619 wrote:

When adding an AU to an AMEX (or any CC I suppose) if the form asks for the AU's SSN does that mean they will HP them?  Since the primary cardholder is the account owner and is responsible for payment I don't see why they would.


With most AU accounts, there isn't a HP involved for either the cardholder or the new AU.    I believe this is also the case for AMEX additional cardmembers, however note that AMEX Additional Cardmembers ARE liable for charges, in addition to the original cardmember.

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Frequent Contributor
Posts: 496
Registered: ‎11-13-2012
0

Re: AU and INQ's


pizzadude wrote:

With most AU accounts, there isn't a HP involved for either the cardholder or the new AU.    I believe this is also the case for AMEX additional cardmembers, however note that AMEX Additional Cardmembers ARE liable for charges, in addition to the original cardmember.


 Hmm, that should mean it would be safe to increase the income declared to AMEX to include the primary and AU's income.


GangnamFICO wrote:

Because the chicks dig it when I throw down the card to the waiter and...it comes in handy if I'm short on cash until payday and need a short spot. AMEX gets the booty, and that's important when you're a Pirate.


Minor vulgarity edit --Rev



Super Contributor
Posts: 9,674
Registered: ‎01-28-2010
0

Re: AU and INQ's


jake619 wrote:

pizzadude wrote:

With most AU accounts, there isn't a HP involved for either the cardholder or the new AU.    I believe this is also the case for AMEX additional cardmembers, however note that AMEX Additional Cardmembers ARE liable for charges, in addition to the original cardmember.


 Hmm, that should mean it would be safe to increase the income declared to AMEX to include the primary and AU's income.


Possibly, it depends on whether AMEX wants only your personal income as the original cardmember or if they ask about combined / household income.  

 

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Contributor
Posts: 100
Registered: ‎11-01-2012
0

Re: AU and INQ's

Additional card members are not responisble for charges. Its the main members responsibility. Additional card members can setup online accounts and pay their portion but that's it.
Fico scores 800+
Contributor
Posts: 100
Registered: ‎11-01-2012
0

Re: AU and INQ's

Btw I know this because it happened to me with my brother's account. He stopped paying and I called Amex, sent a letter and was removed from account and never hears from them again.
Fico scores 800+
Super Contributor
Posts: 9,674
Registered: ‎01-28-2010
0

Re: AU and INQ's

[ Edited ]

akabigo wrote:
Additional card members are not responisble for charges. Its the main members responsibility. Additional card members can setup online accounts and pay their portion but that's it.

The agreement that you sign as an additional cardmember states that you can be held liable for your charges.   Also the original cardmember will be held liable.   

 

Additional cardmembers shouldn't be held liable for the original cardmember's charges though.

 

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Contributor
Posts: 100
Registered: ‎11-01-2012
0

Re: AU and INQ's


pizzadude wrote:

akabigo wrote:
Additional card members are not responisble for charges. Its the main members responsibility. Additional card members can setup online accounts and pay their portion but that's it.

The agreement that you sign as an additional cardmember states that you can be held liable for your charges.   Also the original cardmember will be held liable.   

 

Additional cardmembers shouldn't be held liable for the original cardmember's charges though.

 


I can't find this anywhere in the agreemnt so I wont nitpick with you about it. I guess it's how you interpret the agreement. I just know for sure in my case that's how it worked. As in everything, YMMV.

Fico scores 800+
Super Contributor
Posts: 9,674
Registered: ‎01-28-2010
0

Re: AU and INQ's


akabigo wrote:

pizzadude wrote:

akabigo wrote:
Additional card members are not responisble for charges. Its the main members responsibility. Additional card members can setup online accounts and pay their portion but that's it.

The agreement that you sign as an additional cardmember states that you can be held liable for your charges.   Also the original cardmember will be held liable.   

 

Additional cardmembers shouldn't be held liable for the original cardmember's charges though.

 


I can't find this anywhere in the agreemnt so I wont nitpick with you about it. I guess it's how you interpret the agreement. I just know for sure in my case that's how it worked. As in everything, YMMV.


You were the Additional Cardmember on your brother's account, is that correct ?   You wouldn't be liable for his charges in that case.   But if you were the original cardmember and your brother was the additional cardmember then they could come after either you or him for the charges.

 

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX

Forums posts are not provided or commissioned by FICO. Forums posts have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by FICO. It is not FICO's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.

Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
† Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on internal myFICO analysis of actual applicant approvals, and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range. These ranges were not provided by any card issuer.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.