Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AU as history?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: AU as history?

@takeshi can I have one example?

IIRC, all fico scoring models count AU in their scores (?)
Message 31 of 52
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just a little update, his birthday is in a month, the past few months he has been checking the card match tool and it always just came up with the "special offers" from american express, yesterday he check and besides the special offers, chase popped up as well, Freedom, slate and CSP. He does bank with chase. Does anyone think chase will approve him with a 6 month AU history ( I know they like a year of your own history) but he does bank with them as well.

Message 32 of 52
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had a 2 year old Discover AU and a 4 year old Citi AU reporting when I apped for the Freedom and Discover It.  I also got my PenFed and my AMEX a month later.  All four were instant approvals (for the most part.)  While these AU cards were removed on 12/30/15, I doubt I would have gotten those four cards without them.

Message 33 of 52
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I had a 2 year old Discover AU and a 4 year old Citi AU reporting when I apped for the Freedom and Discover It.  I also got my PenFed and my AMEX a month later.  All four were instant approvals (for the most part.)  While these AU cards were removed on 12/30/15, I doubt I would have gotten those four cards without them.

did you see pre approvals for them on card match? and the only thing that worries me is that his AU history is only 6 months, not years. Did you bank with chase when you applied for freedom?

Message 34 of 52
Anonymous
Not applicable

Absolutely zero pre-approvals.  No checking account with Chase, due to a lack of branches in my state.  All 4 were cold apps.

Also, I forgot to mention: those AU cards were all at least 40% utilization.  Since they had pretty decent credit lines, my utilization would have skyrocketed.  However, I'm not sure they were taken into account, due to the results of my applications.

Message 35 of 52
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Absolutely zero pre-approvals.  No checking account with Chase, due to a lack of branches in my state.  All 4 were cold apps.

Also, I forgot to mention: those AU cards were all at least 40% utilization.  Since they had pretty decent credit lines, my utilization would have skyrocketed.  However, I'm not sure they were taken into account, due to the results of my applications.

only thing is that chase likes to see at least a year of history sometimes they make the exception if you already bank with them, but loads of people on here were denied just for insufficient credit history

Message 36 of 52
Anonymous
Not applicable

My oldest account was a student loan at that time.  When I applied for the Freedom, my oldest individual account was a little over 2 months old.  I have no clue why Chase approved me.

On my birthday, I applied for a Freedom because "why not?"  It went pending.  After a few days of research, I called a backdoor number to see if they needed any verification info.  The dude on the line asked me a few questions for verification.  I was then approved for a $1k line.  There was absolutely no way that my AU accounts didn't help.  I still have no clue how I got the other cards either.  Perhaps PenFed liked me living in the same city as their headquarters?  Perhaps AMEX saw the one month old AU account from my mother?  Perhaps Discover saw how they denied me 2 times this year and decided to give me a chance?

Message 37 of 52
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

My oldest account was a student loan at that time.  When I applied for the Freedom, my oldest individual account was a little over 2 months old.  I have no clue why Chase approved me.

On my birthday, I applied for a Freedom because "why not?"  It went pending.  After a few days of research, I called a backdoor number to see if they needed any verification info.  The dude on the line asked me a few questions for verification.  I was then approved for a $1k line.  There was absolutely no way that my AU accounts didn't help.  I still have no clue how I got the other cards either.  Perhaps PenFed liked me living in the same city as their headquarters?  Perhaps AMEX saw the one month old AU account from my mother?  Perhaps Discover saw how they denied me 2 times this year and decided to give me a chance?

ayyy we have to same cl for discover.

curse them. 

Message 38 of 52
Anonymous
Not applicable

Not sure if it's just a coincidence, but the student version that I have generally gets lower limits that graduated cards.  Depending on how my first CLI attempt goes on 2/10/16, I may just be stuck with this limit for quite a while Smiley Wink

Message 39 of 52
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Not sure if it's just a coincidence, but the student version that I have generally gets lower limits that graduated cards.  Depending on how my first CLI attempt goes on 2/10/16, I may just be stuck with this limit for quite a while Smiley Wink

When did you get the card?

I have 6 months with my Discover and no luv at all. I think EO said I requested 40+ times lmao. Smiley Tongue

Message 40 of 52
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.