Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AU on 2 cards where the primary cardholder has gone south, way south

tag
williewonka
Valued Member

AU on 2 cards where the primary cardholder has gone south, way south

I'm an AU on two cards that I haven't used in probably 2 years. However, the primary carholder has recently fallen on bad times and can not make payments. This is being reported as very, very late on all 3 cr's. How do I get myself removed as an AU and are the CCC's required to remove me if I ask? Help, advice and suggestions!!!!!!!
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: AU on 2 cards where the primary cardholder has gone south, way south

Yup, call the CCC and tell them you want to be removed as an AU - after 30-60 days it should update on your credit report, if it hasn't after 60 days then you can dispute with the CRB as not your account.
Message 2 of 4
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Some CCC's are bad about removing you from the account, but leaving the last (high) balance showing, month after month.

If this happens, you'll have to go to step 2 and dispute with the CRA's as "not mine." But start first with the banks.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

@williewonka wrote:
I'm an AU on two cards that I haven't used in probably 2 years. However, the primary carholder has recently fallen on bad times and can not make payments. This is being reported as very, very late on all 3 cr's. How do I get myself removed as an AU and are the CCC's required to remove me if I ask? Help, advice and suggestions!!!!!!!

Contact the CCC's and remove yourself as an AU.  Get confirmation from them.  If they insist on the Primary being involved, then get them to take quick action.  Once you have confirmation that you are removed on the CCC system, then dispute the CRA's as "not mine" to get them off faster than waiting for normal CCC updates.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.