Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AU on AMEX green card?

tag
mattayy
Frequent Contributor

AU on AMEX green card?

What are the pros and cons of being an AU? Would it help me get in with american express? How does it affect my credit report? 

EQ: 584 TU: 615 EX: 612

Cap 1 Williams Sonoma Visa $3.5k limit, Walmart MC $2k limit, American Express Platinum $2K limit, Venmo Visa $900 limit, Credit One Amex $700 limit, Credit One Visa $400 limit, Kohls $300 limit, Target RedCard $300 limit, Living Spaces $1k limit, Amazon $400 limit, Jcrew $450 limit, US Bank $300 limit
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
wHiTeSoL
Valued Contributor

Re: AU on AMEX green card?

@mattayy wrote:

What are the pros and cons of being an AU? Would it help me get in with american express? How does it affect my credit report? 

1. It will allow you to use the card and accure MR?

2. IMO no it will not help with getting in with american express

3. It will be just like a TL, just no INQ: Dropped AAoA (will show as opened today), no help with util (charge card), but better than not having any positive TLs on your CR. 

Message 2 of 4
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Will lock in your member date of 2014 in case you don't get your own Amex this year

Message 3 of 4
H4LO
Established Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

Will lock in your member date of 2014 in case you don't get your own Amex this year

This. Main reason why I added my SO as a AU last year. 

For whenever she gets her own AMEX. She'll have a member date of 13'.

Which will help with AAoA down the line. Smiley Happy

Total CL - 60K // Util. ~1.6%

772 TU - 6/5 ///// 705 EX - 5/5 ///// 664 EQ - 4/29
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.