Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AU on Amazon chase card

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

AU on Amazon chase card

Hey

I've been trying to get as much info about credit cards and credit reporting as possible.
I recently applied for chase freedom and got denied due to only 6 months of history and only two accounts.

My wife has a chase Amazon credit card. I've read and figured out she can add me as AU and I will be reported on all 3 bureaus?
I have a few questions if someone can answer?

1) will it get back dated? She has had this card for about 3-4 years
2) what gets reported? If she missed a payment 6 months ago, will that affect my credit and show up on my report? Or is it just age backdated and everything else going forward (i.e: utilization, balances. Etc.

Thanks for reading. I am hoping to dramatically increase my AAoA so I can apply for a chase freedom
Card soon.

Thanks!
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: AU on Amazon chase card

@Anonymous wrote:
Hey

I've been trying to get as much info about credit cards and credit reporting as possible.
I recently applied for chase freedom and got denied due to only 6 months of history and only two accounts.

My wife has a chase Amazon credit card. I've read and figured out she can add me as AU and I will be reported on all 3 bureaus?
I have a few questions if someone can answer?

1) will it get back dated? She has had this card for about 3-4 years
2) what gets reported? If she missed a payment 6 months ago, will that affect my credit and show up on my report? Or is it just age backdated and everything else going forward (i.e: utilization, balances. Etc.

Thanks for reading. I am hoping to dramatically increase my AAoA so I can apply for a chase freedom
Card soon.

Thanks!

It will report in your reports just the same as hers including the late payment and the date the card was opened.

Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am listed as AU on dw's chase freedom. It does report to all three bureas.  It shows from the date she opened it.  And I would imagine that it would also show any late payments also.  

Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ah ok. Thanks! Just checked and she doesn't have any missed payments on this card. But utilization right now shows at 60%. How badly will high utilization affect my score?
Considering I just got approved for $5000 for Amex and $1000 for discover. On credit report do they look at an average utilization or each single account to determine your score? Cause if it's an average it won't be that bad then.

Also if she removes me from the account say in 6 months, will that drop off from my report? (Common sense says yes)
Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Ah ok. Thanks! Just checked and she doesn't have any missed payments on this card. But utilization right now shows at 60%. How badly will high utilization affect my score?
Considering I just got approved for $5000 for Amex and $1000 for discover. On credit report do they look at an average utilization or each single account to determine your score? Cause if it's an average it won't be that bad then.

Also if she removes me from the account say in 6 months, will that drop off from my report? (Common sense says yes)

fico takes into account individual card util as well as total util.  And yes it should come off your reports once she removes you.

Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks! I will take a utilization hit, she pays its off before the end of the month all the time so it shouldnt be too bad.

Just checked and she opened the card back in 2008, so this will really help me a lot! Just wish I knew this before I applied for chase freedom for myself, wouldve helped tremendously with the only reason they declined me for the card.. Ah well.

Message 6 of 9
injustifiiable
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks! I will take a utilization hit, she pays its off before the end of the month all the time so it shouldnt be too bad.

Just checked and she opened the card back in 2008, so this will really help me a lot! Just wish I knew this before I applied for chase freedom for myself, wouldve helped tremendously with the only reason they declined me for the card.. Ah well.

Chase doesn't take into account AU accounts...so I don't think it would've helped anyway.

Scores 5/15/2016 (clean reports!): TU Walmart FICO: 696 | EQ FICO: 679 | EX AMEX FICO: 680

In my new wallet: American Express Green EMV: PSL $2000 | BankAmericard Cash Rewards Visa EMV: $2500 | Citi AAdvantage Platinum Select World MasterCard: $6400 | Barclaycard Arrival World MasterCard: $1000 | Discover IT: $2500 | Amazon Rewards Visa Signature: $1500 | Chase Freedom: $1500 | Capital One QuicksilverOne MasterCard: $2100 | Target: $2800 | J.Crew $21,550 | Marvel (Captain America) MasterCard: $6000
Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

^^ oh ok, so which credit card companies do? just trying to figure out how it would be beneficial.

Also, how does one quote someone in this forum?

Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: AU on Amazon chase

image.png
@Anonymous wrote:

^^ oh ok, so which credit card companies do? just trying to figure out how it would be beneficial.

Also, how does one quote someone in this forum?

To quote someone, you use the quote button in the upper right when you go to reply.  It isn't there if you're on mobile.  And while Chase may not consider the AU account  under manual review it still can help with a Chase approval if it improves your score.

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.