Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AU on Amex Blue Cash Preffered

tag
audia4
Established Contributor

Re: AU on Amex Blue Cash Preffered

@Juss11 wrote:

So he has not been backdated on your account yet?

He just applied online TODAY and was approved. He doesn't even have the card yet with any info on the account. How can he back date already? Maybe I'm missing something or your question on how you could do that?

TU: 819 EQ: 821 EX 811

**$7500****$30,000*****$13500****$42,200****$10,000***$10,700*****$6000****$11,000*****OPEN****OPEN******$27,000*****11,000

Message 11 of 20
Juss11
Frequent Contributor

You posted this " Now the good news is, he'll be able to back date his new Amex to the date I first got mine" So I was asking if he was an AU on your account and already backdated to when you got your Amex account. My point is if he is not an AU on your card, how will he be backdated to when you got your account?

Message 12 of 20
audia4
Established Contributor

@Juss11 wrote:

You posted this " Now the good news is, he'll be able to back date his new Amex to the date I first got mine" So I was asking if he was an AU on your account and already backdated to when you got your Amex account. My point is if he is not an AU on your card, how will he be backdated to when you got your account?

In that same sentence you quoted above....

"I added my son to my Blue Sky last year and he had absolutely NO credit established (reports wouldn't even pull up his name). Since adding him, he established a credit report (and I also started adding my other cards as I got them) and today he was able to get his very own AMEX Blue Cash and a Discover It.  Now the good news is, he'll be able to back date his new Amex to the date I first got mine. :smileyhappy:"

So yes, he was an AU on my account since last year so once he gets his card, he should be able to back date his to last year. Smiley LOL  I don't exactly know what all you have to do in order to have it back dated, so I'll have to read up on that. Do you know?

**$7500****$30,000*****$13500****$42,200****$10,000***$10,700*****$6000****$11,000*****OPEN****OPEN******$27,000*****11,000

Message 13 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

so is it going to add to my total credit or not? lol (Thread Hijacked) Smiley Happy

If I have 4690 total credit now, when i'm added to her amex as an AU (she has zero balance) with $4000 limit, will my total credit be 8690?

Message 14 of 20
CreditPlay
Frequent Contributor

@audia4 wrote:

@Juss11 wrote:

In that same sentence you quoted above....

"I added my son to my Blue Sky last year and he had absolutely NO credit established (reports wouldn't even pull up his name). Since adding him, he established a credit report (and I also started adding my other cards as I got them) and today he was able to get his very own AMEX Blue Cash and a Discover It.  Now the good news is, he'll be able to back date his new Amex to the date I first got mine. :smileyhappy:"

So yes, he was an AU on my account since last year so once he gets his card, he should be able to back date his to last year. Smiley LOL  I don't exactly know what all you have to do in order to have it back dated, so I'll have to read up on that. Do you know?

I think what Juss11 was asking  If your son's AU account , is already backdated to your MSD date ? Looks like AMEX stopped backdating AU(ACM)s to the pimary account holders MSD, but  some people were able to do it.YYMV

FICO08 12/2014EQ 777TU 799EX 767

Message 15 of 20
CreditPlay
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

so is it going to add to my total credit or not? lol (Thread Hijacked) Smiley Happy

If I have 4690 total credit now, when i'm added to her amex as an AU (she has zero balance) with $4000 limit, will my total credit be 8690?

I think yes if that scoring model considers you as valid AU. FICO 08 have some internal rules to identify legit AUs based on address, name etc.

Message 16 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

ok, thanks!

Message 17 of 20
audia4
Established Contributor

@Jayx wrote:

I think what Juss11 was asking  If your son's AU account , is already backdated to your MSD date ? Looks like AMEX stopped backdating AU(ACM)s to the pimary account holders MSD, but  some people were able to do it.YYMV

Maybe I'm still not understanding then. I got the card, he was put on the card as an AU...all last year. His date on the AU account should basically be the same as mine (give or take a few months I believe).

So are you saying that now that he was just approved for his own AMEX that they will not back date "his" card he just got to the date that he was put on as an AU on mine?

Message 18 of 20
CreditPlay
Frequent Contributor

@audia4 wrote:

@Jayx wrote:

Maybe I'm still not understanding then. I got the card, he was put on the card as an AU...all last year. His date on the AU account should basically be the same as mine (give or take a few months I believe).

So are you saying that now that he was just approved for his own AMEX that they will not back date "his" card he just got to the date that he was put on as an AU on mine?

So if your MSD is 2013 and you added him last year then he will be backdated to 2013. But if you have got your MSD as like few years back lets say 2000 and you added him in 2013 then has the option of getting backdated to 2000 if he is lucky. He is definitely gonna get backdated to to the year he got added and the month he applied his new amex.

Message 19 of 20
audia4
Established Contributor

@Jayx wrote:

So if your MSD is 2013 and you added him last year then he will be backdated to 2013. But if you have got your MSD as like few years back lets say 2000 and you added him in 2013 then has the option of getting backdated to 2000 if he is lucky. He is definitely gonna get backdated to to the year he got added and the month he applied his new amex.

Correct I got mine last year and added him last year as well. Smiley Happy

Message 20 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.