Established Contributor
aftermath

AU on Amex TU

If I want to issue an AU on my Amex TU, does the AU need to be a member of Costco?

American Express Blue Cash Everyday $6600
Barclays US Airways Premier World Mastercard $14500
Chase Sapphire Preferred $5000
Chase Freedom Visa $1000
Chase United Explorer $8500
Citi AAdvantage Platinum Select Visa Signature $7500
Citi ThankYou Premier World Mastercard $7500
Established Contributor
aftermath

Re: AU on Amex TU

anyone? :smileysad:

American Express Blue Cash Everyday $6600
Barclays US Airways Premier World Mastercard $14500
Chase Sapphire Preferred $5000
Chase Freedom Visa $1000
Chase United Explorer $8500
Citi AAdvantage Platinum Select Visa Signature $7500
Citi ThankYou Premier World Mastercard $7500
New Contributor
jason10

[ Edited ]

Yes, additional cardmembers must be Costco members. In fact, you'll be asked for the additional users membership # and the card will not be approved or sent until Costco verifies that the applicant is an active member.

I have been trying to add my gf to my Costco TE card for nearly 2 months for this very reason. When I got the card, I was a secondary member on my father's executive business account. After getting my own membership and adding my gf to the account, I requested an additional card for her, and the request was denied because her account was not linked to my father's account.  I needed to change the Costco account associated with my TE card before I could add her as an additional user.

Frequent Contributor
joestay

Did any credit pull happen?

Moderator Emerita
Community Leader
Epic Contributor
haulingthescoreup

Whatever you do, if you request an AU card for the Costco card, do so in the store. Otherwise, you'll have to wait a couple of weeks if you apply online, just as with the primary card.

No hard inq that I'm aware of, but I believe that they do soft the AU applicant, because AmEx holds AU's responsible for purchases made on their card.

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Regular Contributor
hemi961

If I understand the terms of the card correctly (which I may not), they not only have to be a member but have to be on your original Costco membership. Since I just have the personal membership with Costco (that only allows one additional card) I couldn't get an AU card for my daughter since she had her own Costco membership.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}