WhirledPeasPlease
Moderator Emeritus

Re: AU on Gap Card...does it report?

UpUpUp wrote:

cheddar wrote:

UpUpUp wrote:

You know how men love to go clothes shopping with their SO's. Smiley Wink 

Yep, can't get enough of it.

I bet! Atleast at Banana they have comfy leather chairs you can sit in. Well at some of them!

And we all know how men love their big comfy leather chairs!  Smiley Wink
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
From 700 in 2008 to 498 in 2012...
4/23/12 -- BK 13 date of filing EQ = 505
4/18/12 -- EQ 498
12/5/13 -- EQ 669
Here we go.... back on track.
Message 11 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

WhirledPeasPlease wrote:

And we all know how men love their big comfy leather chairs!  Smiley Wink

Isn't that the truth!
Message 12 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

This might seem like a stupid question, but I'm asking anyway.  This isn't going to ding me as a new account just because it's new to my report is it? That's only if it is indeed a new account in the sense that it has no history etc. correct?
Message 13 of 24
WhirledPeasPlease
Moderator Emeritus

UpUpUp wrote:
This might seem like a stupid question, but I'm asking anyway.  This isn't going to ding me as a new account just because it's new to my report is it? That's only if it is indeed a new account in the sense that it has no history etc. correct?

You're correct -- it will just appear w/o a hit!  Ahhh..  magic!
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
From 700 in 2008 to 498 in 2012...
4/23/12 -- BK 13 date of filing EQ = 505
4/18/12 -- EQ 498
12/5/13 -- EQ 669
Here we go.... back on track.
Message 14 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

It only reported to EX for me.

Had to dispute it because my roomie got a 30-day late on the account and I didn't want that on my report.

We went shopping together at Gap 3 years back and the cashier talked him into app'ing for the card and somehow the cashier got me added as AU.

The account was removed from my report but I didn't notice any score changes when the 30-day late reported also when the card was removed from my account.
Message 15 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Solarjuju wrote:
It only reported to EX for me.

Had to dispute it because my roomie got a 30-day late on the account and I didn't want that on my report.

We went shopping together at Gap 3 years back and the cashier talked him into app'ing for the card and somehow the cashier got me added as AU.

The account was removed from my report but I didn't notice any score changes when the 30-day late reported also when the card was removed from my account.

Thanks for the info!  I hope it reports to more than just EX. I don't have to worry about any late payments, because I manage everything. I just want it for the age. 

Interesting that there was no impact on your score between the late and the removal of the account all together.
Message 16 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Update:  Just noticed that Gap is reporting to my EX. They just reported on 8/15...so it's too early for me to figure out if it will only report on EX or if it just hasn't made it to TU or EQ yet.
Message 17 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Since no one has mentioned it...don't forget that someday Fico08 will take effect...and the AU's won't report anymore...

They keep saying it's coming...

Message 18 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

JmeSunday wrote:
Since no one has mentioned it...don't forget that someday Fico08 will take effect...and the AU's won't report anymore...

I don't expect this to do much for me, as the account is from 2003 and for some reason I thought it was older, but that statement is no longer true.  They have recently announced that legit AU's will still report.
Message 19 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Awesome!  I hadn't read that yet!  Thanks!  Smiley Very Happy

UpUpUp wrote:

JmeSunday wrote:

I don't expect this to do much for me, as the account is from 2003 and for some reason I thought it was older, but that statement is no longer true.  They have recently announced that legit AU's will still report.

Message 20 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.