Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AU on Wells Fargo Platinum Rewards

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

AU on Wells Fargo Platinum Rewards

So I added my husband to my longest standing CC, to raise his AAoA to possibly increase his credit score when he goes to buy a car in the next couple of years. However, the card they sent has the same account number as mine, and when we activated it, asked for the last 4 of my SS# (the add card/AU screen never asked for his SS# at all). Will this get reported to his credit report at all? My other concern is he's a "III", and I know that his father and his credit reports have been crossed before, will it go on his father's report instead (which would amuse me greatly, and not hurt anything since I pay it in full each month). It's not terribly important, and I know the american express is already reporting to his account, but was just curious if anyone has any insight on if this was futile? I know AU accts are not always factored into credit for loans, etc. It seemed like a worthwhile thing to do anyway since it's also my largest credit line (aside from the american express). But the main purpose was to get a longer AAoA on his credit reports, as well as a larger credit availability for the car loan.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: AU on Wells Fargo Platinum Rewards

My wife added me as an AU to her WF Platinum card. Same thing, never asked for my SS, sent a card with my name but same acct #. It shows on my reports. I can't remember how long it took for sure, but I believe it was when they normally report to the credit reporting agencies. 

Message 2 of 3
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: AU on Wells Fargo Platinum Rewards

Unless they confuse him like you said they have in the past, it should be reported on his reports. They can figure out who he is without SSN (somehow lol). Based on address and other info I would guess.

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.