Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AU question

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

AU question

so my scores are not very good. my SO's are. would him adding me as an AU on one of his high limit cards that sits at a zero balance hurt him as much as it may help me?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: AU question

Adding you to his account as an AU will have no effect on his credit, unless he give you a card and you spend it up Smiley Wink  On the other hand, if he pays late, maxes the card or otherwise has any negative on that card in the future, it will affect your credit.

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

you're so helpful! he never pays late. and he rarely carries a balance. now the problem is convincing him to do it.

what happens if after a year he removes me? itll hurt me huh?

thanks a bunch!!!

Message Edited by scorechaser on 03-29-2009 05:31 PM
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well, probably your best bet is to ask him to add you and not give you a card....that you don't need access or use of the card, just to be reported for a time.

After that, I suggest mowing his lawn, weeding the flower garden, washing his car ......... Smiley Very Happy

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Well, probably your best bet is to ask him to add you and not give you a card....that you don't need access or use of the card, just to be reported for a time.

After that, I suggest mowing his lawn, weeding the flower garden, washing his car ......... Smiley Very Happy

lol nah ill just remind him that if he eventually wants me to refinance the house loan into my name i need credit help.

you have been most helpful today. thank you!

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.