Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AU question

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

AU question

I was on a card as an authorized user for a while one someone else's card.

I'm really reaping benefits from it!  It was opened in 1985 but more importantly, it really saves my bacon as far as my bad utilization % goes - card had a $25k limit and reports as $0 ! 

My question - I got off the card a few years ago - how long will it continue to show on my credit report? 

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: AU question

should only take a month or two to go away. you could always dispute it off since not your account if u need off faster
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think you misunderstand - I really want it to STAY on my report. It's helping me.

I've been off for quite some time now and it's still on there.  Are you saying that is unusual and I should expect it to go away at any moment?

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

is it reporting as closed or open? If It's reporting open and reporting all good stuff I would ignore it unless it becomes a baddy then I dispute it off.

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

it's reporting as open with a limit of $25k and a balance of $0 (which is not accurate, the balance is actually pretty high).  I'm loving it and I don't want it to go away.  to have an extra 25k limit at 0 utilization is good good good!  especially since my only credit problem is utilization.
Message 5 of 8
cobaltnv
Established Contributor

If I understand correctly the card is open, but you are no longer an AU. That is a tough one. When you are removed as an AU the account usually (often?) is removed from your account fairly quickly. Sometimes they stay on longer. I suppose it is possibly it will stay on for the 10 years a "normal" account would remain (I would not hold your breath on that one). As there is nothing you can do to try to keep the account on--you should just thank your lucky stars and LEAVE IT ALONE. If you even breath funny at that TL the CRA's will remove it. 

Congrats! 

TU 810: EQ 813: EX 814 (9/16/09--Loan officer pull)

Helpful Threads
Frequently Requested Threads
Understanding your Fico Score
Message 6 of 8
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Is it an American Express card? I removed DH and DD#2 from my Gold card 6+ months ago, and it's still reporting.

But any other bank I've dealt with for AU's stops reporting it with the very next update cycle.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

It's a chase visa and I've been off it for several years now.

My utilization is pretty high so I'm really happy to have it there - reporting high CL and $0 util - really helps me out.

I won't count on it staying there though.  Smiley Sad

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.