Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AU questions

tag
jay33
Valued Member

AU questions

Hi all.  My scores are EQ 581 EX 615 TU 575 Ok, so my fiance is adding me as an AU on a bank CC and two store CCs.  What can I expect my score to do in the short term.  Her scores are in the high 600s and she has good rates on all these cards, never misses a payment, and always pays the entire balance.  We will continue to do this. How will this effect my score in the short term/long term. 

I'm also thinking about getting a secured card through BofA.  Should I do this as well as becoming an AU?

Thanks

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
AnaMKMK
New Contributor

Re: AU questions

Jay can't answer the question your posing, although from reading these posts I can tell you that from what I hear BoA is nice to those who treat their secured card well.

Regarding the AU - FICO is supposedly changing their scoring rules in which you'd get no credit as an AU. Last I heard this was supposed to be in effect Spring of this year - I don't think its happened yet... But once it does, it'll be pointless to ahve you as an AU.

Might be best to get in as an AU ASAP, get your scores fixed and ap for your own cards immediatly.
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.