Credit Cards Center Credit cards from our partners
Established Contributor

AU's Reporting Yes/No

Do we have a thread of what cards adding an AU to will get reported to the CRA's and which won't?

I would like to know if Chase/Citi/Macy's (store)/Bloomingdales/Victorias Secret/Nordstrom/ reports and any others you care to list.  

Just think it will be helpful for us beginners and those rebuilding to get some good age under our belts, but I don't want someone to add me to a card that won't report.

"Evacuate, in our moment of triumph? I think you overestimate their chances."
Valued Contributor

Re: AU's Reporting Yes/No

Of the ones you mentioned, the only card I have any knowledge of is the Chase card.

The Chase card DOES report on the authorized user's credit report.

Hope that helps! 

Senior Contributor

FWIW, I'm an AU on my dad's Discover card, and it only reports to EX.
Here we go again...
Super Contributor

Chase, Juniper, Credit Union all report AUs.  Most cards that report do as far as I know
The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Established Contributor

Uborrow-Upay wrote:

Of the ones you mentioned, the only card I have any knowledge of is the Chase card.

The Chase card DOES report on the authorized user's credit report.

Hope that helps! 

Thanks. That does help!!! Now do they factor that age in right away? Like will my next EQ report note that my AAoA is not 7 months but 3 years?

Epic Contributor

Macy's when I was auth was only on EX I believe

Now that it's joint, it's on all.

Nordie does report to all I believe

Chase reports to all.

I think all of them report to all, but they may not have been able to match you up on one of the reports so it doesn't get reported, I don't think it really has to do with the bank trying to report it or not.

Established Contributor

FretlessMayhem wrote:
FWIW, I'm an AU on my dad's Discover card, and it only reports to EX.

Ironically nobody I know has a Discover card. Thats my goal in fact to be the first among my family and friends with one. Of course for that to happen I will need them to invite me. Smiley Wink

Valued Contributor

Hi Pappy, i do know when i had my brother as an AU for my citi card, they reported to all 3 bureaus.

Established Contributor

oracles wrote:

Hi Pappy, i do know when i had my brother as an AU for my citi card, they reported to all 3 bureaus.

That is excellent news!! Now I have to ask some people to add me for the sake of getting my scores up. I wonder if my mom will run a credit report on me. HA HA HA !!!!!

Valued Contributor

Pappy214 wrote:

oracles wrote:

That is excellent news!! Now I have to ask some people to add me for the sake of getting my scores up. I wonder if my mom will run a credit report on me. HA HA HA !!!!!

Smiley Very Happy

No problem, keep us updated on how many pts you receive due to AU status

Forums posts are not provided or commissioned by FICO. Forums posts have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by FICO. It is not FICO's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.

Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
† Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on internal myFICO analysis of actual applicant approvals, and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range. These ranges were not provided by any card issuer.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.