Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AU's Reporting Yes/No

tag
Uborrow-Upay
Valued Contributor

Re: AU's Reporting Yes/No

Pappy214 wrote: "Thanks. That does help!!! Now do they factor that age in right away? Like will my next EQ report note that my AAoA is not 7 months but 3 years?

The one account that I have knowledge of, that being the Chase account, the CRA's reported the entire history of the account on the AU's report, just as if it had been the AU's own account, since the beginning. The age of the account was reported in full, and it was also used at full value in averaging the age of ALL accounts.

Should help you wherever you are going with it!

All the best!

Message 11 of 13
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

From my personal experience:

PenFed does NOT report AU's, thank goodness.

Discover does, Bank of America does, and American Express does.

In fact, good luck trying to get AmEx to stop reporting AU cards. Both DH's and DD#2's AAoA's are lower than they should be because of long-closed AU accounts still reporting. Smiley Mad
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 12 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Bank of america reported my buddies 25k on all three of my reports. My score went from 644 to 743 in 3 weeks.

Its working Smiley Happy

Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.