Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AU with Horrible Credit Question

tag
AirlinerDudeB6
Regular Contributor

AU with Horrible Credit Question

So quick question on AU...

I'm aware that it is 100% the account holders responsibility for all charges on the account regardless of who made the purchase.

However, If someone adds an AU that has bad credit, do you think that it could negatively influence/impact any future decisions that lender makes on your account?

For example...You have stellar credit, perfect payment hisorty, and all that good stuff....you add girlfriend/spouse that has horrible credit as an AU....lender does a SP on AU at some point and sees the mess on their CR...could that make a lender be less receptive to granting a CLI, PC, or take other AA on your account due to the increased risk?

To take it one step further....what if the AU burned that lender in the past.  Would that have any effect on decisions/actions the lender makes on your account?

I know most answers here will be speculation, but I’m curious what you think.

Discover It - $25.5k | Sam's Club MasterCard - $25k | Chase Sapphire Reserve $23.8k | Amex EveryDay - $23k | Barclays JetBlue - $23k | Citi TYP - $7.1k | Cap1 Quicksilver WMC - $7k | Marriott Rewards Premier Visa Signature - $6.5k | Chase Freedom - $3.2k | Amex Gold - NPSL |
TU 08 FICO - 812 | EQ 08 FICO - 799 | EX 08 FICO - 793 |

Utilization - 16% | AAOA - 4.3 years | In Garden - Since 9/6/16
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: AU with Horrible Credit Question

@AirlinerDudeB6 wrote:

I'm aware that it is 100% the account holders responsibility for all charges on the account regardless of who made the purchase.

However, If someone adds an AU that has bad credit, do you think that it could negatively influence/impact any future decisions that lender makes on your account?

For example...You have stellar credit, perfect payment hisorty, and all that good stuff....you add girlfriend/spouse that has horrible credit as an AU....lender does a SP on AU at some point and sees the mess on their CR...could that make a lender be less receptive to granting a CLI, PC, or take other AA on your account due to the increased risk?

To take it one step further....what if the AU burned that lender in the past.  Would that have any effect on decisions/actions the lender makes on your account?

Doubtful.

However...If they previously burnt AMEX, They may not add them as an AU upon request.

Message 2 of 4
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

@AirlinerDudeB6 wrote:

No.  Any potential issues arise from the condition of the tradeline itself.

Message 3 of 4
Shelly13
New Contributor

@AirlinerDudeB6 wrote:

You can always call the card company and have the tradeline deleted.  I did that.

Amex ED: 5,000 I Barclays: 10,000 I Discover: 8,700 I VS: 6,000 I Citi Simplicity: 6,700 I Amex BC: 2,000 I Marvel MC: 8,000 I
I Chase FU: 4,000 I US Bank: 500.00 I Fidelity: 5,000 I
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.