Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AU younger sister?

tag
zerobacan
Established Contributor

Re: AU younger sister?

Lexie can you give us an example... i still don't get it

If i give an additional card to my son now and he gets his first primary amex card in 2018 what will be his msd in the card and in his cr

Thanks
Amex PRG NPSL, Amex Delta 2k (AU) Discover iT 5k, BOFA Siggy $5k, BOFA AlaskaAir Siggy 5k, BBVA Compass $5k! Macy's $4.5k, C1 $2.5, SFCU $2.5k, SFCU LOC $2k, Paypal SmartC $4k, Sam's 5.5k Victoria Secret $2k, Kay's $1.7k.,76/Citi $1.5k Amazon $5k, Walmart Disco $3k JC Penny $4k, C1 $2.5, BBRZ 700.
Starting:TU:536 EXP:561 : EQ:552 Current:TU:680 Walmart (2-15-14)EXP:712 FICO!! (12-4-13):EQ:622 (FICO 2-6-14) Uti 27% Goal: 720 By 12-13.
Message 11 of 28
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@zerobacan wrote:

If i give an additional card to my son now and he gets his first primary amex card in 2018 what will be his msd in the card and in his cr

Thanks

2013 with the month in which he applies in 2018... so application in 6-2018 will report 6-2013 on credit once backdated.

Message 12 of 28
megaman1
Regular Contributor

Is it a bad idea to add my sister if I had this card for less than a month?
Message 13 of 28
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@Creditaddict wrote:

@zerobacan wrote:

Thanks

2013 with the month in which he applies in 2018... so application in 6-2018 will report 6-2013 on credit once backdated.

Correct.  

Again, the backdating on CRs will only occur for cards in which they are the primary on.  

Message 14 of 28
megaman1
Regular Contributor

@09Lexie wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

@zerobacan wrote:

Thanks

Correct.  

Again, the backdating on CRs will only occur for cards in which they are the primary on.  

So if I make my younger sis as AU, how will it show up on her CR (pretty much non-existant)?

And will AMEX allow her to apply for an AMEX card easier than someone who wasn't an AU with AMEX?

-also found out how to quote LOL

Message 15 of 28
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@megaman1 wrote:

@09Lexie wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

@zerobacan wrote:

Thanks

Correct.  

So if I make my younger sis as AU, how will it show up on her CR (pretty much non-existant)?

And will AMEX allow her to apply for an AMEX card easier than someone who wasn't an AU with AMEX?

As an ACM,  her cr will reflect the day she was added.  If you add her Jan 2014, it will say 01/2014.  When she becomes a primary on her own Amex ( in 6 years for example)

her CR will have an open date for HER cc as 01/2014.  

Basically, she is locking in her MSD for when she becomes a primary cardmember. 

Whether or not it makes her approval easier is a rumor IMO- her credit will still need to qualify. 

Message 16 of 28
megaman1
Regular Contributor

@09Lexie wrote:

@megaman1 wrote:

@09Lexie wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

@zerobacan wrote:

Thanks

Correct.  

As an ACM,  her cr will reflect the day she was added.  If you add her Jan 2014, it will say 01/2014.  When she becomes a primary on her own Amex ( in 6 years for example)

Whether or not it makes her approval easier is a rumor IMO- her credit will still need to qualify. 

Oh, so adding her as an AU won't help her start increasing her non-existant FICO scores, but instead to only lock in her MSD if she decides to get a card with AMEX?

What if I add her as an AMEX AU, but she decides to later apply for a CC like Discover for example. Would adding her as an AMEX AU help at all..?

Message 17 of 28
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@megaman1 wrote:

@09Lexie wrote:

@megaman1 wrote:

@09Lexie wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

@zerobacan wrote:

Thanks

Correct.  

Oh, so adding her as an AU won't help her start increasing her non-existant FICO scores, but instead to only lock in her MSD if she decides to get a card with AMEX?

What if I add her as an AMEX AU, but she decides to later apply for a CC like Discover for example. Would adding her as an AMEX AU help at all..?

no it will help her create a Fico and build it!!

Message 18 of 28
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@megaman1 wrote:

@09Lexie wrote:

@megaman1 wrote:

@09Lexie wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

@zerobacan wrote:

Thanks

Correct.  

Being added as an ACM will help judt like any other cc for AUs. The key with Amex is the backdating. 

Message 19 of 28
megaman1
Regular Contributor

If my scores dip or run into trouble, I assume that would affect my sister's scores as well, right?

Message 20 of 28
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.