Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AU younger sister?

tag
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: AU younger sister?

@megaman1 wrote:

If my scores dip or run into trouble, I assume that would affect my sister's scores as well, right?

Your scores are yours and hers are hers.  If your scores dip bcause of the pyt/util for the cards you share-then yes her score will be impacted. 

Message 21 of 28
megaman1
Regular Contributor

@09Lexie wrote:

@megaman1 wrote:

If my scores dip or run into trouble, I assume that would affect my sister's scores as well, right?

Your scores are yours and hers are hers.  If your scores dip bcause of the pyt/util for the cards you share-then yes her score will be impacted. 

What if after a period of time I decide to take her off as an AU for no particular reason? Will CCC see this as suspicious and will my sister still have her credit history?

Message 22 of 28
AyalaZero
New Contributor

@megaman1 wrote:

@09Lexie wrote:

@megaman1 wrote:

What if after a period of time I decide to take her off as an AU for no particular reason? Will CCC see this as suspicious and will my sister still have her credit history?

If you pay your CC on time, and dont lower her overall current util, her credit will go up as your card ages.  If you run into issues, you can remove her from being an AU and the account will disappear from her Credit report.  But like Lexie wrote, your scores are your scores, and her scores are her scores.

Starting Scores: Low 500's 2/27/08
Current Scores:Transunion: 700 02/13/15 Experian: 713 02/17/15 Equifax: 736 02/18/15
Goal Score: 770 Across the board!!
Message 23 of 28
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@megaman1 wrote:

@09Lexie wrote:

@megaman1 wrote:

Unless your sister removes the TL or it falls off due to reporting time frame-it will report the history up until the time you asked her to be removed.  

whether or not it looks suspicious, I can't see why it would. 

Message 24 of 28
megaman1
Regular Contributor

@09Lexie wrote:

@megaman1 wrote:

@09Lexie wrote:

@megaman1 wrote:

Unless your sister removes the TL or it falls off due to reporting time frame-it will report the history up until the time you asked her to be removed.  

whether or not it looks suspicious, I can't see why it would. 

How long is the timeframe usually for something like that to fall off after I remove her as an AU?

Message 25 of 28
AyalaZero
New Contributor

@megaman1 wrote:

How long is the timeframe usually for something like that to fall off after I remove her as an AU?

It is usually the next time that CC posts to the credit report

Starting Scores: Low 500's 2/27/08
Current Scores:Transunion: 700 02/13/15 Experian: 713 02/17/15 Equifax: 736 02/18/15
Goal Score: 770 Across the board!!
Message 26 of 28
megaman1
Regular Contributor

@AyalaZero wrote:

@megaman1 wrote:

It is usually the next time that CC posts to the credit report

Will that history still show up on her CR somehow if she applies for a CC eventually..? Or is there no trace of her ever having been an AU?

Message 27 of 28
Brax
Frequent Contributor

I plan to add my sister as an Amex AU in January when she turns 18. Yes, I could add her now to lock in MSD of 2013 instead of 2014, but I think it's more fair to base MSD to turning 18. And it leaves zero confusion or concern to an underwriter down the road to see her own seperate Amex only open since turning 18.

Message 28 of 28
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.