cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AWESOME DAY!!! Amex Plum & Nationwide Visa Both On The Same Day!!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

AWESOME DAY!!! Amex Plum & Nationwide Visa Both On The Same Day!!!

It was just 6-7 months ago that I thought there was no way out ..... I had several CO's, Several Closed/Baddy accounts, lates, and everything inbetween.

Slowly, i worked over several PFD's, called and haggled with CRA's that 7 years to the date had gone by and these things needed to be removed, and sent out many GW's, and Finally come June, I was free and clear of anything and everything bad.  The sad part, my CR looked like that of a virgin/noobie CR.  I had a total of 1 revolving account, and 1 Current/Closed Auto Loan.  CR's were in the 700's (Unbelieveable after just several months of actually trying) and it was time to buy a house.

Got FHA Approved at 4.75%, and bought a house in the middle of June ... Didn't think it could get much better until today! 

What an AWESOME DAY!!!!

Business Wise:

*  Applied for and got an AMEX Plum Card (Pulled EX)

Personal Wise:

*  Applied for USAA CC - Got Automatic Decline (Pulled EQ)

*  Applied for Nationwide CC - Got Automatic APPROVAL!!! Woot!  Not sure what the Credit Limit is though?  I guess I'll just have to find out. (Pulled TU)

For those wondering ...

*  Tried several Pre-Approval Sites (HSBC/Orchard/etc... and NONE of them said I was approved for anything!)

*  See Scores Below (Average 715ish mark)

*  0% Utilization

*  Income:  6 Figures

*  Highest Current CL:  $10,250 - $0 balance (From Robbins Brothers -- My woman needed an awesome engagement ring, what can I say!)

*  2 Current Revolving Accounts  (Robins Bros Above and Secured CC from Applied Bank)

*  1 Closed/Current Auto Loan from 2007

*  5 Hard Inq's on each CR. 

The great news, (3) Hard pulls total, and (2) were accepted!  What is also nice, they all pulled from different CRA's so its been spread out and didn't hurt as bad!!! Smiley Happy

That's my story!  I feel like I have finally "made" it and have gotten my life back.  No more creditors calling, no more creditor letters and notices, and pre-approvals starting to show up Smiley Happy 

Thank you ALL for your help.  I belong to several other boards, one including real estate investing, and have people asking daily about Credit issues.  Each and every time I refer them to myfico hoping they can find the help that I have!

Best of luck everyone!  I'm not going anywhere, as I still have the 800 club to reach! 

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: AWESOME DAY!!! Amex Plum & Nationwide Visa Both On The Same Day!!!

the plum is so fantastic if you charge more than 5k a month and pay in full in the 10 days... otherwise take the gold.

since approved for plum, you could add zync personal and possibly a credit card from amex!

Message 2 of 8
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

Congrats. Good Start. Do not apply for too many new cards. That will dilute the average age of accounts and lower your scores.

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Guys!

I pondered both the Plum & Gold for about 10 minutes .... Figured the plum would work better especially getting monthly credit back at 1.5% if I pay within 10 days.  At this current time, my "business credit card" was actually a BofA debit check card.  It made reconciliations unbelieveable long and tiresome, not to mention, tons of companies having access to a card directly connected to my business account we keeps 6 figures in it at all times.  I will be putting $10-$15k a month on the card and at 1.5% back, the card will easily pay for itself, not to mention keep my bank account quite a bit happier, and private.  I plan to try for an Amex Credit Card within the next 6-12 months.  Don't want to push my luck, especially with 5 Inq's per CR.

Message 4 of 8
john398
Senior Contributor

Also be careful if your buying a house, you say above you were approved for FHA loan, if your opening all these new accounts it may lower your score too much because they pull again before you close, I am just saying be careful.....

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey John,

O, we closed on the house in the middle of June (almost 2 months ago)  Smiley Happy  I waited until after closing and everything was finalized before moving forward with CC's.  I don't plan to buy another house for quite some time, so I figured, it was time to get back in to the CC game and try for 800's within the next few years.

Message 6 of 8
john398
Senior Contributor

Oh ok I miss understood, congrats on the new house

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks John!

Fixed the OP so it doesn't confuse anyone!

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.