Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AX 3x CLI and FICO score

tag
expatCanuck
Super Contributor

AX 3x CLI and FICO score

Applied for and received a BCE late December, when my EX FICO 8 was 732.  Its CL is 10K.

Since I received the BCE (it was the last of a spree),  my reports now show one CC (of 4) closed, and 3 CCs opened with an aggregate new CL of $42K, slightly more than my aggregate CL prior to the spree (i.e. - 4 cards/39K before the spree, 7 cards/78K now, inclusive of the AX).  And the refi'd mortgage is now reporting.

All that said, my EX has dropped from 732 to 721 since I received the BCE (which hasn't yet reported, the other 3 cards have), tho' EQ and TU have each risen 15-20 points.

My question -- any point in applying for the AX CLI 'til my FICO is back to at least 732, and a bit more time has passed since the new accounts?

(When I *do* apply, I plan to request $20 (or perhaps 24 to settle at 20 -- I can't imagine that my $120K income supports a $30K CL, and I don't need additional UW headaches, tho' AX is welcom to tax return if it wishes.)

2023 Goal: save 3 months' net income

Starting FICO8: 666 (give or take a FICO)
[ Last INQ 12-Feb-2024 ]
EQ8415 INQ (Auto, CC, HELOC, 2 mort)7y2m
EX8125 INQ (2 CC, 2 mort, HELoan)6y11m
TU8294 INQ (3 CC, 1 mort)6y6m
5/243/12AoYA 0m | AoOA 23y6m~3%
Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18
Gregory1776
Valued Contributor

Re: AX 3x CLI and FICO score

Disagree with the last part. 120k I’d imagine is perfect for a 30k CL. And I’m sure there are people here with CL of that whom make less. And asking for 30k will not hurt you, you should go for it, if your credit report on the other hand isn’t the best they’ll counter with what they think they can give you.
Message 2 of 19
Gregory1776
Valued Contributor

To answer your question, I don’t think there would be much point waiting for your score to get to 732. Who knows when that could happen and you could be a couple months into asking for another if you get approved.
Message 3 of 19
Gmood1
Super Contributor

I agree with Gregory. Its no more than a soft pull. And it doesn't matter how many times you do it. Your income supports way more than a $30k limit from Amex. lol

It never ceases to amaze me. As intelligent as I believe some of you guys are. You always over think the simplest things. lol

Man go get your CLI and stop goofing around!😂

Message 4 of 19
expatCanuck
Super Contributor

Gregory1776 wrote:
And asking for 30k will not hurt you ...

Thanks, Gregory.  For me, that's the 'money line'.  Smiley Wink.

[ Last INQ 12-Feb-2024 ]
Message 5 of 19
expatCanuck
Super Contributor

Gmood1 wrote:

I agree with Gregory. Its no more than a soft pull. And it doesn't matter how many times you do it. Your income supports way more than a $30k limit from Amex. lol

It never ceases to amaze me. As intelligent as I believe some of you guys are. You always over think the simplest things. lol

I'm smart about a few things, but personal finance has never been one of them.

[ Last INQ 12-Feb-2024 ]
Message 6 of 19
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

Agree all around. Generally anything above 720 is fine with Amex. Now You’ve made me feel bad because I’m waiting for the 3X on my SPG.
Message 7 of 19
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Ok, ok, ill take one for the team, ill gladly take some of your income and ill request 30k and support it wholly through your charity lol.
Message 8 of 19
Gregory1776
Valued Contributor

wrote:

Yea, i could easily see you getting up to 50k, with time.

Message 9 of 19
Gregory1776
Valued Contributor

wrote:

Gmood1 wrote:

I'm smart about a few things, but personal finance has never been one of them.

I’d just advise you not to use it too much of it, use only what you can pay off before the due date. Definitely dont want to be using anything north of 50% of your credit line.

Message 10 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.