cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AXEX BCE first credit line increase questions?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

AXEX BCE first credit line increase questions?

My Fico8 score just dropped from 719 to 683. ouch!! This score is from the Discover scorecard. I check it every month so it dropped 36 points in one month I'm not really sure why but it did.  Now I am worried about asking for a credit line increase at 61 day when my scored dropped so much. 36 point drop ...it just sucks!!!   Should I want a month longer and see if it rebounds some or just go for it 61st day. I remember reading that if your request is denied you have to wait 90 more days to try again.   Also worried about a car loan I was preparing for this summer.

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: AXEX BCE first credit line increase questions?

Discover scorecard is a Transunion and American Express uses Experian what is your American Express say? Id go for it anyway 90 days isn't as long as you think.
Message 2 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Discover scorecard is a Transunion and American Express uses Experian what is your American Express say? Id go for it anyway 90 days isn't as long as you think.

Discover's Scorecard is Experian. I have read what is reported on the Discover's statement is Transunion though.

Message 3 of 12
austinguy907
Valued Contributor

The big question is.........

What did you do in the last 45 days to drop 36 points?  Carry a balance? Add a card?  Close a card? 

Waiting never hurt anyone other than waiting too long to make a payment!!!

as to FORD....

Discover Card = TU

Discover Scorecard = EX

AMEX = EX

Message 4 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Discover scorecard (free website)uses Experian and my discover card site using Transunion...  I have 683 experian on the Discover scorecard as of 3/02/27 and it was 719 when I checked it on 01/31/17, you can get it every 30 days  On my Discover card account it is 716 dated 2/07/17 so this will change with next statement most likely..

Message 5 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Some things I can see that would cause a drop are my personal loan reported $2000 paying it off end of April to improve DTI.  combined my cap one cards so that caused one to be closed. 0pened Discover and Amex back in January 2017.  Utilization is 16%  7 accounts 4 have zero balance 1 at 9 % and 2 under 30%.  will pay off the 9% one this month. I messed up and checked out lending tree and it caused 2 inquires for a car ioans but those inquires were back in January..  I thought it was all a SP but it wasn't.    So I have 6 inquries showing up on  EX .  Score from my Amex still showing 719 EX but its dated 2/11/17. My statement date is the 3/12 so i'm sure it will update then.   36 points is a lot to lose right nowSmiley Sad

Message 6 of 12
dragontears
Senior Contributor

Has your amex started reporting yet?
Message 7 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

It hasn't reported on TU or EQ yet. I don't have acess to Experian to see if its there yet   I don't think so though.

Message 8 of 12
rmduhon
Valued Contributor

Do you have another installment loan or was the personal loan your only one?
Message 9 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

I only have one personal loan, but it took 2 months to finally post. I will have this loan paid off April 28th.  I'm paying off one CC and the personal loan to improve my DTI will get it down to 41.75% but hopefully it will improve my FICO as well.  It seems like its also taking 2 statements for my AMEX to post as well, I still don't see it yet.  Who know's why my score dropped.  My FACO credit karma score is going up but almost all new inquiries were on EX and thats where the major drop occurred. TU and EQ are showing just 1-3 inquries and EX like 6-8 from what I can tell.  Hopefully I'll be back over 700 before I have to appy for the car loan. I'm only paying down debt between now and then so we'll see.  I was at 706 on EX when approved for AMEX and now 683 so I think that puts any CLI at 61 days in jeopardy. The CLI would help lower my utilization but I don't think its bad at 16% after I pay off one of my CC this mouth.  There are no inquires for AMEX on TU and EQ so I'm assuming they only pulled EX.  

I went to CCT and my Fico 8 scores are EQ 705,TU 704 and EX 683. My TU and EQ stayed the same just EX dropped.  My new personal loan shows up on all three.  Inquries are the only differences, but I had none in Feb. : TU 1, EQ 2 and EX 8    I'll only have 3 on EX that are less than 12 months old by July and 2 will fall off. So I'll only have 3 of 6 that will be counted toward scoring at the time of auto loan. That seems ok to me.  Oh yeah my Amex hasn't reported yet on any of them.

Seems odd that inquires from Jan would make my score dropped 36 points now.  My EX score was 719 on 1/31 after my last inquries which were on 1/24. Don't know??

I think I'm going to wait for my one card at 9% to report paid on my credit than hit the luv button on AMEX around 3/20 that's 65 days and Discover 90 days is April 1st since they are SP I might as well go for it. Wish me luck.

Should i just go for the 3X increase and hope the give me a good counter?  My SL was $8200 and just double would be amazing!

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.