Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

?? About Amex backdating??

tag
amercnchopz34
Established Contributor

?? About Amex backdating??

Not sure what is going on.....I was approved for amex this month...logged on to my account today ....said I  have been a member since 1996.......wowwowowowow......my cards that they sent me intially say  2012.....

which is correct.....?????  I was a AU back in 1996 on my girlfriend at the time account

If this is true ....will help my AAoa a great deal..

Any ideas??

Message 1 of 27
26 REPLIES 26
bettercreditguy1
Established Contributor

Re: ?? About Amex backdating??

Your card shows the date it was issued, your credit report for AAOA and longevity will be the date you were a member earlier. AMEX quit putting the earlier date on the re issued/new credit cards about two years ago. I called them about the same issue after I closed my Amex card after 25 years and re opened it two years later.

Updated scores 3/7/21 TU 849, EQ 829, Ex 818 (all Fico scores) Remember the Three P's: Pay early in Full, Pay on Time, Patience
Message 2 of 27
Epcot
Valued Contributor

Congrats, it will definitely help your AAoA!

Starting Score: EQ 717 EX 724 TU 736
Current Score: EQ 849 EX 835 TU 841
Message 3 of 27
Duncanrr
Valued Contributor

I'm not entirely sure what bettercreditguy is saying but if we are talking about the same thing then I have to disagree.

I had an Amex green back in 1993 and hadn't had one basically since then. In September I finally get back in with Amex and my cards had member since 2012 on them. After calling CSR they backdated my cards to 1993 and my online account reflected as much.

CSR asked me if I wanted new cards issues with my backdated member since date and I told her sure. A couple days later I got my replacement cards and they have 1993 on them. My credit report also has 1993.

Starting Score: EQ 551 TU 548 CK 607on 6/8/12, EX 542(AMEX pull 3/4/12)
Current Score: EQ 808 TU --- EX --- CK 804(FAKO-EX 821, EQ 823, TU 803)
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 27
Cageym
Established Contributor

I agree with Duncanrr, I opened my present accounts in 2012 and they sent me new cards with 1993 on them reflecting the original long closed green card.

What's in my wallet: Cap1 Venture NFCU Sig Visa Delta Gold Amex BCE Citi Simplicity IHG World MC Amazon Visa CSP
Starting Score: 5/2010 550-ish
Current Score: 6/20/2013 TU 800 6/20/2013 EQ 770 6/20/2013 EX 775
Goal Score: 800 accross the board
Message 5 of 27
amercnchopz34
Established Contributor

should I call them and get them to change it or should I not do anything with it??

Message 6 of 27
amercnchopz34
Established Contributor

should I see a score jump.........Hopefully it will offset my app spree..applied for 6 new cards approved for all of them

Message 7 of 27
Duncanrr
Valued Contributor

Call them. My app sprees include applying for Amex cards as part of strategy to keep AAoA over 10 years. For every non-Amex new card I try to app for an Amex card to go with it. Since my Amex gets me 20 yrs of backdating it lets me add new accounts without taking a hit.

Starting Score: EQ 551 TU 548 CK 607on 6/8/12, EX 542(AMEX pull 3/4/12)
Current Score: EQ 808 TU --- EX --- CK 804(FAKO-EX 821, EQ 823, TU 803)
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 8 of 27
amercnchopz34
Established Contributor

@Duncanrr wrote:
Call them. My app sprees include applying for Amex cards as part of strategy to keep AAoA over 10 years. For every non-Amex new card I try to app for an Amex card to go with it. Since my Amex gets me 20 yrs of backdating it lets me add new accounts without taking a hit.

sort of not wanting to rock the boat i would sure like a card dated back then though

Message 9 of 27
amercnchopz34
Established Contributor

so will I get the backdating for each account I opened???/ its on all 3 online

Message 10 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.