Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

?? About Amex backdating??

tag
Duncanrr
Valued Contributor

Re: ?? About Amex backdating??

Each account will be dated to the month it was opened and the year your first became a member.

Starting Score: EQ 551 TU 548 CK 607on 6/8/12, EX 542(AMEX pull 3/4/12)
Current Score: EQ 808 TU --- EX --- CK 804(FAKO-EX 821, EQ 823, TU 803)
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 11 of 27
Cageym
Established Contributor

I haven't received my BCE yet but the other 2 cards are reporting 1993.

What's in my wallet: Cap1 Venture NFCU Sig Visa Delta Gold Amex BCE Citi Simplicity IHG World MC Amazon Visa CSP
Starting Score: 5/2010 550-ish
Current Score: 6/20/2013 TU 800 6/20/2013 EQ 770 6/20/2013 EX 775
Goal Score: 800 accross the board
Message 12 of 27
amercnchopz34
Established Contributor

I dont want to take a chance that maybe I alarm them to something and they change it back to 2012...I had heard that AU accounts wont back date on Amex accounts.....Not sure on what I should do.....

Message 13 of 27
TNTransplant
Established Contributor

@amercnchopz34 wrote:

I dont want to take a chance that maybe I alarm them to something and they change it back to 2012...I had heard that AU accounts wont back date on Amex accounts.....Not sure on what I should do.....

If you're worried about it, just leave them as they are for now.  Mine did the same thing - accounts backdated to 2006 on my CRA and online, but the card said 2012.  It doesn't really matter what the card has on it, as long as the others are correct.

And yes, I would probably leave them alone if it were me, since Amex has gotten weird about backdating additional card members.  Maybe you could wait a few months until everything has reported for  a while, then you could ask for cards with the correct date (just suppositioning here).

Oh yeah, congrats on the backdate X 3!  Smiley Happy 

Starting Score: Jan 2012: EQ - 659, TU08 - 670, EX - ???
Current Score:April 2014: EQ - 772, TU08 - 782, EX - 754
Last App:3/21/14

Message 14 of 27
amercnchopz34
Established Contributor

@TNTransplant wrote:

@amercnchopz34 wrote:

If you're worried about it, just leave them as they are for now.  Mine did the same thing - accounts backdated to 2006 on my CRA and online, but the card said 2012.  It doesn't really matter what the card has on it, as long as the others are correct.

And yes, I would probably leave them alone if it were me, since Amex has gotten weird about backdating additional card members.  Maybe you could wait a few months until everything has reported for  a while, then you could ask for cards with the correct date (just suppositioning here).

thanks TNT.....I was shocked to see that online.....is there a chance if I leave it alone that maybe it does not report to 1996 on my CR???

Message 15 of 27
TNTransplant
Established Contributor

@amercnchopz34 wrote:

@TNTransplant wrote:

@amercnchopz34 wrote:

thanks TNT.....I was shocked to see that online.....is there a chance if I leave it alone that maybe it does not report to 1996 on my CR???

Nope, I think you're fine right now and will get the backdate.  The "Member Since" date on your online account is what reports to the CRA.  They do not go by the date on the card.  

Message 16 of 27
amercnchopz34
Established Contributor

thanks.........i appreciate the info

Message 17 of 27
creditnocash
Valued Contributor

Yes that's correct every new Amex you apply for should read opened since 96 so that's 3 accounts with 17 years of backdating each.

If you waited until jan it would've been 18 years

Current: Fico ScoresEQ~706 TU~719 EX 709 4/28/23

Inquiries (24 Months): EQ 0 TU 0 EX 0| Most Recent: A LONG WHILE
Over 12 Months:0

2023 Goals:
Buy A Home
Earn Cash Back

Amex Zync(Unicorn)
Chase Freedom$1500
Discover IT$7,400
Citi DC $10,000
Citizens Mastercard$7,000

Message 18 of 27
amercnchopz34
Established Contributor

@creditnocash wrote:
Yes that's correct every new Amex you apply for should read opened since 96 so that's 3 accounts with 17 years of backdating each.

amex green wont help me with backdating right...does not report a balance right??

Message 19 of 27
TNTransplant
Established Contributor

@amercnchopz34 wrote:

@creditnocash wrote:

amex green wont help me with backdating right...does not report a balance right??

Nope.  Your green card will still get the backdate.  And, it will still report a balance if you've not PIF before your statement cuts.  However, in most FICO models the balance won't be calculated as part of your overall utilization.

Message 20 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.