Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

?? About Amex backdating??

tag
amercnchopz34
Established Contributor

Re: ?? About Amex backdating??

Does anyone know who much my AAOA will jump up adding the 16 yrs x 3 to my CR?..i have about 5.8 yrs on TU and EXP.....4.2 on EQ....this month my app spree was harsh...about 5 inq on exp and 2 each on TU AND EQ..... Hence garden mode till atleast late 2013

Message 21 of 27
bs6054
Valued Contributor

@amercnchopz34 wrote:

Does anyone know who much my AAOA will jump up adding the 16 yrs x 3 to my CR?..i have about 5.8 yrs on TU and EXP.....4.2 on EQ....this month my app spree was harsh...about 5 inq on exp and 2 each on TU AND EQ..... Hence garden mode till atleast late 2013

Depends on how many credit lines (open and closed) are on each report.   So, if you  have X lines showing on TU, the old total is 5.8*X, new total is 5.8*X + 48, so the new average is 5.8 + 48/X,

i.e. an increase of 48/X years.

So unless X is very large, you will see a significant increase.

Message 22 of 27
amercnchopz34
Established Contributor

@bs6054 wrote:

@amercnchopz34 wrote:

Depends on how many credit lines (open and closed) are on each report.   So, if you  have X lines showing on TU, the old total is 5.8*X, new total is 5.8*X + 48, so the new average is 5.8 + 48/X,

Huh.....im not following.......what does the 48 signify

Message 23 of 27
bs6054
Valued Contributor

@amercnchopz34 wrote:

@bs6054 wrote:

@amercnchopz34 wrote:

Huh.....im not following.......what does the 48 signify

48 is your "16 yrs x 3"

Message 24 of 27
Imua
Frequent Contributor

do you have to inform amex that you had a previous card/acct to get backdating on a new one?

(or do they automatically know?)

Message 25 of 27
TNTransplant
Established Contributor

@Imua wrote:

do you have to inform amex that you had a previous card/acct to get backdating on a new one?

They often "know" and this is done automatically.  However, for members who have had their cards years ago, they sometimes have to call and request the backdate - this is not always successful.

Starting Score: Jan 2012: EQ - 659, TU08 - 670, EX - ???
Current Score:April 2014: EQ - 772, TU08 - 782, EX - 754
Last App:3/21/14

Message 26 of 27
Imua
Frequent Contributor

@TNTransplant wrote:

@Imua wrote:

They often "know" and this is done automatically.  However, for members who have had their cards years ago, they sometimes have to call and request the backdate - this is not always successful.

Thanks for the info  Smiley Happy

Message 27 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.