Reply
Established Contributor
amercnchopz34
Posts: 839
Registered: ‎10-28-2011

Re: ?? About Amex backdating??

Does anyone know who much my AAOA will jump up adding the 16 yrs x 3 to my CR?..i have about 5.8 yrs on TU and EXP.....4.2 on EQ....this month my app spree was harsh...about 5 inq on exp and 2 each on TU AND EQ..... Hence garden mode till atleast late 2013


Valued Contributor
bs6054
Posts: 1,673
Registered: ‎11-11-2012

Re: ?? About Amex backdating??

[ Edited ]

amercnchopz34 wrote:

Does anyone know who much my AAOA will jump up adding the 16 yrs x 3 to my CR?..i have about 5.8 yrs on TU and EXP.....4.2 on EQ....this month my app spree was harsh...about 5 inq on exp and 2 each on TU AND EQ..... Hence garden mode till atleast late 2013


Depends on how many credit lines (open and closed) are on each report.   So, if you  have X lines showing on TU, the old total is 5.8*X, new total is 5.8*X + 48, so the new average is 5.8 + 48/X,

i.e. an increase of 48/X years.

 

So unless X is very large, you will see a significant increase.

Established Contributor
amercnchopz34
Posts: 839
Registered: ‎10-28-2011

Re: ?? About Amex backdating??


bs6054 wrote:

amercnchopz34 wrote:

Does anyone know who much my AAOA will jump up adding the 16 yrs x 3 to my CR?..i have about 5.8 yrs on TU and EXP.....4.2 on EQ....this month my app spree was harsh...about 5 inq on exp and 2 each on TU AND EQ..... Hence garden mode till atleast late 2013


Depends on how many credit lines (open and closed) are on each report.   So, if you  have X lines showing on TU, the old total is 5.8*X, new total is 5.8*X + 48, so the new average is 5.8 + 48/X,

i.e. an increase of 48/X years.

 

So unless X is very large, you will see a significant increase.


Huh.....im not following.......what does the 48 signify


Valued Contributor
bs6054
Posts: 1,673
Registered: ‎11-11-2012

Re: ?? About Amex backdating??


amercnchopz34 wrote:

bs6054 wrote:

amercnchopz34 wrote:

Does anyone know who much my AAOA will jump up adding the 16 yrs x 3 to my CR?..i have about 5.8 yrs on TU and EXP.....4.2 on EQ....this month my app spree was harsh...about 5 inq on exp and 2 each on TU AND EQ..... Hence garden mode till atleast late 2013


Depends on how many credit lines (open and closed) are on each report.   So, if you  have X lines showing on TU, the old total is 5.8*X, new total is 5.8*X + 48, so the new average is 5.8 + 48/X,

i.e. an increase of 48/X years.

 

So unless X is very large, you will see a significant increase.


Huh.....im not following.......what does the 48 signify


48 is your "16 yrs x 3"

Frequent Contributor
Imua
Posts: 291
Registered: ‎01-17-2009

Re: ?? About Amex backdating??

do you have to inform amex that you had a previous card/acct to get backdating on a new one?

(or do they automatically know?)


BofA visa $9.4k ... BofA Cash Rewards visa sig $10k ... Cap 1 Venture1 visa sig $10k ...
Chase Freedom visa $10k ... Macy's $1.5k ... Macy's Amex $5k ... Sam's Club $6.3k
myFICOs as of 3/25/14:...EX=809 .... EQ=802....TU=787
Established Contributor
TNTransplant
Posts: 772
Registered: ‎01-03-2012

Re: ?? About Amex backdating??


Imua wrote:

do you have to inform amex that you had a previous card/acct to get backdating on a new one?

(or do they automatically know?)


They often "know" and this is done automatically.  However, for members who have had their cards years ago, they sometimes have to call and request the backdate - this is not always successful.


Starting Score: Jan 2012: EQ - 659, TU08 - 670, EX - ???
Current Score:April 2014: EQ - 772, TU08 - 782, EX - 754
Last App:3/21/14

Frequent Contributor
Imua
Posts: 291
Registered: ‎01-17-2009

Re: ?? About Amex backdating??


TNTransplant wrote:

Imua wrote:

do you have to inform amex that you had a previous card/acct to get backdating on a new one?

(or do they automatically know?)


They often "know" and this is done automatically.  However, for members who have had their cards years ago, they sometimes have to call and request the backdate - this is not always successful.


Thanks for the info  :smileyhappy:

 

 

 


BofA visa $9.4k ... BofA Cash Rewards visa sig $10k ... Cap 1 Venture1 visa sig $10k ...
Chase Freedom visa $10k ... Macy's $1.5k ... Macy's Amex $5k ... Sam's Club $6.3k
myFICOs as of 3/25/14:...EX=809 .... EQ=802....TU=787

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+