Credit Cards Center Credit cards from our partners
Reply
Valued Contributor
Posts: 2,857
Registered: ‎06-08-2012
0

Re: ?? About Amex backdating??

Each account will be dated to the month it was opened and the year your first became a member.


Starting Score: EQ 551 TU 548 CK 607on 6/8/12, EX 542(AMEX pull 3/4/12)
Current Score: EQ 710 TU 727 EX 704 CK 719(FAKO-EX 697, EQ 697, TU 697)
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Established Contributor
Posts: 515
Registered: ‎07-31-2012
0

Re: ?? About Amex backdating??

I haven't received my BCE yet but the other 2 cards are reporting 1993.

What's in my wallet: Cap1 Venture NFCU Sig Visa Delta Gold Amex BCE Citi Simplicity IHG World MC Amazon Visa CSP
Starting Score: 5/2010 550-ish
Current Score: 6/20/2013 TU 800 6/20/2013 EQ 770 6/20/2013 EX 775
Goal Score: 800 accross the board
Established Contributor
Posts: 839
Registered: ‎10-28-2011
0

Re: ?? About Amex backdating??

[ Edited ]

I dont want to take a chance that maybe I alarm them to something and they change it back to 2012...I had heard that AU accounts wont back date on Amex accounts.....Not sure on what I should do.....


Established Contributor
Posts: 772
Registered: ‎01-03-2012
0

Re: ?? About Amex backdating??


amercnchopz34 wrote:

I dont want to take a chance that maybe I alarm them to something and they change it back to 2012...I had heard that AU accounts wont back date on Amex accounts.....Not sure on what I should do.....


If you're worried about it, just leave them as they are for now.  Mine did the same thing - accounts backdated to 2006 on my CRA and online, but the card said 2012.  It doesn't really matter what the card has on it, as long as the others are correct.

 

And yes, I would probably leave them alone if it were me, since Amex has gotten weird about backdating additional card members.  Maybe you could wait a few months until everything has reported for  a while, then you could ask for cards with the correct date (just suppositioning here).

 

Oh yeah, congrats on the backdate X 3!  Smiley Happy 


Starting Score: Jan 2012: EQ - 659, TU08 - 670, EX - ???
Current Score:April 2014: EQ - 772, TU08 - 782, EX - 754
Last App:3/21/14

Established Contributor
Posts: 839
Registered: ‎10-28-2011
0

Re: ?? About Amex backdating??


TNTransplant wrote:

amercnchopz34 wrote:

I dont want to take a chance that maybe I alarm them to something and they change it back to 2012...I had heard that AU accounts wont back date on Amex accounts.....Not sure on what I should do.....


If you're worried about it, just leave them as they are for now.  Mine did the same thing - accounts backdated to 2006 on my CRA and online, but the card said 2012.  It doesn't really matter what the card has on it, as long as the others are correct.

 

And yes, I would probably leave them alone if it were me, since Amex has gotten weird about backdating additional card members.  Maybe you could wait a few months until everything has reported for  a while, then you could ask for cards with the correct date (just suppositioning here).

 

Oh yeah, congrats on the backdate X 3!  Smiley Happy 


thanks TNT.....I was shocked to see that online.....is there a chance if I leave it alone that maybe it does not report to 1996 on my CR???


Established Contributor
Posts: 772
Registered: ‎01-03-2012
0

Re: ?? About Amex backdating??


amercnchopz34 wrote:

TNTransplant wrote:

amercnchopz34 wrote:

I dont want to take a chance that maybe I alarm them to something and they change it back to 2012...I had heard that AU accounts wont back date on Amex accounts.....Not sure on what I should do.....


If you're worried about it, just leave them as they are for now.  Mine did the same thing - accounts backdated to 2006 on my CRA and online, but the card said 2012.  It doesn't really matter what the card has on it, as long as the others are correct.

 

And yes, I would probably leave them alone if it were me, since Amex has gotten weird about backdating additional card members.  Maybe you could wait a few months until everything has reported for  a while, then you could ask for cards with the correct date (just suppositioning here).

 

Oh yeah, congrats on the backdate X 3!  Smiley Happy 


thanks TNT.....I was shocked to see that online.....is there a chance if I leave it alone that maybe it does not report to 1996 on my CR???


Nope, I think you're fine right now and will get the backdate.  The "Member Since" date on your online account is what reports to the CRA.  They do not go by the date on the card.  


Starting Score: Jan 2012: EQ - 659, TU08 - 670, EX - ???
Current Score:April 2014: EQ - 772, TU08 - 782, EX - 754
Last App:3/21/14

Established Contributor
Posts: 839
Registered: ‎10-28-2011
0

Re: ?? About Amex backdating??

thanks.........i appreciate the info


Valued Contributor
Posts: 2,299
Registered: ‎07-23-2012
0

Re: ?? About Amex backdating??

Yes that's correct every new Amex you apply for should read opened since 96 so that's 3 accounts with 17 years of backdating each.

If you waited until jan it would've been 18 years
Current: Discover Fico 709 3/15 Walmart Fico 743 4/15

Inquiries (24 Months): EQ 6 TU 1 EX 6 | Most Recent: 4/09/2015
Over 12 Months:9


2015 Goals:
Lower Utility
Earn Cash Back

Amex Zync(Unicorn)
Chase Freedom$1500
Discover IT$7,400
Citi DC $10,000
Citizens Mastercard$7,000
Established Contributor
Posts: 839
Registered: ‎10-28-2011
0

Re: ?? About Amex backdating??


creditnocash wrote:
Yes that's correct every new Amex you apply for should read opened since 96 so that's 3 accounts with 17 years of backdating each.

If you waited until jan it would've been 18 years


amex green wont help me with backdating right...does not report a balance right??


Established Contributor
Posts: 772
Registered: ‎01-03-2012
0

Re: ?? About Amex backdating??


amercnchopz34 wrote:

creditnocash wrote:
Yes that's correct every new Amex you apply for should read opened since 96 so that's 3 accounts with 17 years of backdating each.

If you waited until jan it would've been 18 years


amex green wont help me with backdating right...does not report a balance right??


Nope.  Your green card will still get the backdate.  And, it will still report a balance if you've not PIF before your statement cuts.  However, in most FICO models the balance won't be calculated as part of your overall utilization.


Starting Score: Jan 2012: EQ - 659, TU08 - 670, EX - ???
Current Score:April 2014: EQ - 772, TU08 - 782, EX - 754
Last App:3/21/14

Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
† Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on actual applicant approvals and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.