Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

? About Chase Credit Cards Allowed

tag
tray
Valued Contributor

? About Chase Credit Cards Allowed

Hi everyone I have a question does anyone know who many chase credits chase will allow someone to have.   I have 3 cards so far, chase freedom, chase sapphire preferred, and chase amazon, I am interested in the united airlines mileage card but I do not know if chase will allow someone to have 4 cards. Thanks for any information...

Starting Score: EQ 546 TU 566
Current Score: EQ 693TU 08 729 EX 08 738Need to Garden/New Accounts
Goal Score: 800
Message 1 of 31
30 REPLIES 30
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: ? About Chase Credit Cards Allowed

@tray wrote:

Hi everyone I have a question does anyone know who many chase credits chase will allow someone to have.   I have 3 cards so far, chase freedom, chase sapphire preferred, and chase amazon, I am interested in the united airlines card but I do not know if chase will allow someone to have 4 cards. Thanks for any information...

I don't believe Chase has a limit becuase of the partner cards.

Message 2 of 31
blackhawk2
Valued Member

There isn't necessarily a limit on the number of Chase cards you can have, but there is a limit on the amount of credit that they will extend to you. If you reach this point, you can always recon and ask to move credit limit from another card to the new card.

Amex BCE 18k I Amex SPG 6k I CSP 8k I Chase Marriott 7k I Discover It 3.5k I Chase Freedom 2.1k

EX: 735 | EQ: 767 | TU: 770

Credit cards are great when you don't need them.
Message 3 of 31
yudeology101
Senior Contributor

I've seen a number of members with 4 or more...I think it has to do with your internal limit w/ Chase, so unless you haven't hit your internal max limit w/ Chase you should be able to get more, if approved. 

JPM Ritz Carlton $8k I UMP Club $8k I CSP $8k | Chase Hyatt $5k I AMEX Green NPSL I AMEX Delta $2k I Citi AA $2k | C1 QS $4.5k
BOA UNC-CH Alumni $6k I Hawaiian WEMC $3k I Arrival $6.5k I IT $1.5k | Merrill+ $2k | Lowes $12k | Apple $2k | +23more
Scores: EQ:671 (FICO 11) EX:686 (FICO N/C) TU:686 (FICO N/C) *8-5-14*
Overall UTIL: 14% *Gardening Since: 1/20/16*
------------------------------------------------------------
Need to stay out of trouble.... Go Heels!!! ... GC Watchlist ( #1 since 12-12-13)
Message 4 of 31
tray
Valued Contributor

Thanks for all the replies I am going to look into further if there is any higher bonus points offered and then app, my chances are slim though have 10 inquiries on EX will post results...

Message 5 of 31
Mellon
Established Contributor

i have 4; Slate, Freedom, CSP and Amazon

Message 6 of 31
enharu
Super Contributor

Inquiries are just a small part of your credit file. As long as there aren't too many very recent inquiries, they generally don't matter much. There are many forum members whom are approved by chase and Amex even with 10+ inquiries on file.
JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 7 of 31
yudeology101
Senior Contributor

@enharu wrote:
Inquiries are just a small part of your credit file. As long as there aren't too many very recent inquiries, they generally don't matter much. There are many forum members whom are approved by chase and Amex even with 10+ inquiries on file.

+1. 

I have 33+ INQs on my EX...(not proud of it, and i'm done!!)

JPM Ritz Carlton $8k I UMP Club $8k I CSP $8k | Chase Hyatt $5k I AMEX Green NPSL I AMEX Delta $2k I Citi AA $2k | C1 QS $4.5k
BOA UNC-CH Alumni $6k I Hawaiian WEMC $3k I Arrival $6.5k I IT $1.5k | Merrill+ $2k | Lowes $12k | Apple $2k | +23more
Scores: EQ:671 (FICO 11) EX:686 (FICO N/C) TU:686 (FICO N/C) *8-5-14*
Overall UTIL: 14% *Gardening Since: 1/20/16*
------------------------------------------------------------
Need to stay out of trouble.... Go Heels!!! ... GC Watchlist ( #1 since 12-12-13)
Message 8 of 31
tray
Valued Contributor

Everyone I am going down to credit card HELL..   I need to stay away from the computer, well first I was going to app but it stated I needed to sign up for a united membership so I did then it directed me to the credit card app, well I just filled it out waiting for the response and just said to myself I do not believe this screen stated Congratulation you have been approved for the UnitedPlus Explorer Card with a initial cl of $17,000. what a shocker!!!  United Airlines wants business!!!!  Hope I get the 30K bonus miles that is the highest I seen today, also card already reporting online with my Chase account....

Message 9 of 31
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@tray wrote:

Everyone I am going down to credit card HELL..   I need to stay away from the computer, well first I was going to app but it stated I needed to sign up for a united membership so I did then it directed me to the credit card app, well I just filled it out waiting for the response and just said to myself I do not believe this screen stated Congratulation you have been approved for the UnitedPlus Explorer Card with a initial cl of $17,000. what a shocker!!!  United Airlines wants business!!!!  Hope I get the 30K bonus miles that is the highest I seen today, also card already reporting online with my Chase account....

WOW!

Message 10 of 31
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.