Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

? About Discover Card and CLI's

tag
tray
Valued Contributor

? About Discover Card and CLI's

Well since last year I had a temp cli on my Discover card for 3,000 due to a balance transfer promo.  Promo ended my cli decreased to my current 7,000 cl.  Well yest finally the screen came up to request a cli. It was the long form bunch of questions like a credit app, well I filled it out came back wanting to pull credit, I thought requesting 3,000 was too much so I cancelled request.  Filled out all questions again,  asking now for only 1,500 discover still wanting to pull report cancelled that one.  But now the link is gone and Discover is stating cannot request a cli as one is already in progress which is not true....  What gives is this a computer glitch?  Has anyone been through this and when will this statement go away thanks for any information......

Starting Score: EQ 546 TU 566
Current Score: EQ 693TU 08 729 EX 08 738Need to Garden/New Accounts
Goal Score: 800
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: ? About Discover Card and CLI's

@tray wrote:

Well since last year I had a temp cli on my Discover card for 3,000 due to a balance transfer promo.  Promo ended my cli decreased to my current 7,000 cl.  Well yest finally the screen came up to request a cli. It was the long form bunch of questions like a credit app, well I filled it out came back wanting to pull credit, I thought requesting 3,000 was too much so I cancelled request.  Filled out all questions again,  asking now for only 1,500 discover still wanting to pull report cancelled that one.  But now the link is gone and Discover is stating cannot request a cli as one is already in progress which is not true....  What gives is this a computer glitch?  Has anyone been through this and when will this statement go away thanks for any information......

Our online CLI button has NEVER worked!

seems to be different for all.

Message 2 of 5
-Wade-
Valued Contributor

@tray wrote:

I just hit the button about 2 weeks ago , i asked for 10K but they counted with 9500 so i accepted it. It's always best to ask for what you want. If they are ready to give you a CLI they will counter offer.

"Garden Club Member " Old user name newportguy*** Current Score: myFico EQ - 830 (07/16/2015) Discover TU Fico - 833 (09/03/2016) EX Fico - 839 ( 09/01/2016 ) ******* Amex - BCP 11.5K * Discover - IT 43.5 K * U.S. Bank Cash + Visa Signature 15.3 K * PenFed - Cash Rewards 15K *PenFed Power Cash 19K ** Amex - GDSM 10K ******FICO 800 Club Member ******* EQ 830 *** TU 833 *** EX 839 ***
****** Last HP & New TL was March 6th 2014 *** GOAL: No HP's or New TL's for 2 + years and 840's Scores ******
Message 3 of 5
striehl8212
Frequent Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

@tray wrote:

Our online CLI button has NEVER worked!

seems to be different for all.

Same here Creditaddict. My discover CLI button has never worked either. 

March 2014: EX 693 I EQ 672 I TU 694
September 2014: EX 721 I EQ 741 I TU 742
Message 4 of 5
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

I managed to get that luv button stuck in the same way many times...it remains like this for 2-3 months...each time my statement cut I checked and once it allowed to request another one I did. For me the results with automated phone or speaking to a CSR got me the exact same results. Discover always wanted a HP. So I decided to continue messing around with the luv button whenever it allowed me..LOL..15 months and bam ..2,5K to 5K with SP. I will now give Discover a break and not touch that luv botton for a while as I am fine with 5K on that card. 

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.