Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

About Fidelity AMEX app

tag
DavidZeng
Regular Contributor

About Fidelity AMEX app

Guys, I recently opened Fidelity account and have not transfer any funds there yet, is there any requirements to apply for Fidelity Amex? Like minimum funds in the Fidelity account or something else?Smiley Surprised

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: About Fidelity AMEX app

@DavidZeng wrote:

Guys, I recently opened Fidelity account and have not transfer any funds there yet, is there any requirements to apply for Fidelity Amex? Like minimum funds in the Fidelity account or something else?Smiley Surprised

no, you don't even need the fidelity account... they will open one for you if you don't have one and are approved for the credit card.

Message 2 of 9
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

actually edit... I don't even think you need one at all... just makes redemption sometimes better unless you have other bofa relationships. (I think)

i know i get full 2% if i transfer to fidelity but it's less if i ask for statement credit.

Message 3 of 9
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

actually edit... I don't even think you need one at all... just makes redemption sometimes better unless you have other bofa relationships. (I think)

i know i get full 2% if i transfer to fidelity but it's less if i ask for statement credit.

Yes, less if you ask for statement credit or even if you redeem into a non-Fidelity account (and getting less loses the whole advantage of the card!)

Message 4 of 9
JASON34GATORS
Contributor

I was thinking about going for this card.So do i get 2percent on everthing i dont have a account with them but i have bank of america card

Message 5 of 9
enharu
Super Contributor

@JASON34GATORS wrote:

I was thinking about going for this card.So do i get 2percent on everthing i dont have a account with them but i have bank of america card

if your rewards redemption is $250 or more, you will get 2% on everything. Otherwise, no.

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 6 of 9
JASON34GATORS
Contributor

Ok thank u 

Message 7 of 9
dta
New Contributor

enharu wrote:

JASON34GATORS wrote:

if your rewards redemption is $250 or more, you will get 2% on everything. Otherwise, no.

Huh, did not realize this. Here's their redemption chart up to 20k points.

I opened a brokerage account anyway when opening mine, because, why not. There is no minimum and no fees and I can transfer out.

Freedom | BofA CR | Amex BCE | NFCU CR | CSP | Fidelity Amex | Citi AA Plat | Discover it | Amex PRG | US Airways Prem | SW RR Plus | Delta Gold | Citi Double Cash | WF Propel 360 | Chase BA
Message 8 of 9
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Err ummm.. You can have auto redemption to the brokerage account at just $50 and it is 2%
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.